+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Parkers Garage

I wanna see that racepak this sunday. Those are sweet
    2003 4.8 RCSB, Spectre , magnaflow, no cats, epic 20's, Kenwood/JL , Belltech, Built408 tranny, Circle-D 278mm 3200

15.752 @88.01 100% Stock on 20's and crap tires

Wow, love the bars.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by ecld_07 View Post
    what kind of crossmember is that?
    Its for a 2007 classic 2500 silverado. I will not bolt directly in. If you cut the stock brackets out of your truck this crossmember then bolt directly up. I had my stock crossmember modified by Mickey's Chassisworks in OKC.

I will sell this other crossmember for $100. Cost around $150 I believe

Didn't get to make it to the track before it closed for the season to try out the new setup. I did get to try it out in mexico though lol

I love drivin this thing so much that I've been driving it to work. Little idle clip before I left last night
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

Well, didn't get to make it to the track with all the changes so hopefully earlier in 2012 I'll get to and see where it ended up with this setup.

PLANS FOR 2012!!!
    Gonna be some big changes next year. I'm ditching the factory fuel injection to put on an fashioned, junky carb'd setup I'm also going to really concentrate on getting some weight out of this thing and moving what weight is there to better spots.

Plans are to ditch the factory seats and put some aluminum Kirkey seats with tweed covers inside. That should save around 120#.

Going to get rid of the stock fuel tank for an aluminum 20gal cell where the spar would go. Weight savings will be minimal here, but every bit helps right?

Cut out what crossmembers don't need to be there on the frame and replace the ones that do with either chromoly or mild steel tubing. I'm estimating close to 100# savings here.

Changing to a 5lug bolt pattern with light wheels. I'm estimating at least 100# savings here and that's rotation weight so that will be a huge gain.

I'll also be removing the factory pcm and associated harness, driver and passenger airbags and whatever else I don't need. I want to keep my AC but its looking like may have to ditch it too.

I've also lost 65# off myself and plan to lose another 15...My goal for 2012 is for the truck to be <4000# with me in it ready to race.

As far as the carb setup goes, I've got a new Quickfuel e85 950cfm carb, Edelbrock Vic Jr. intake and MSD 6010 ignition. It will get its corn juice pumped to it by a Holley billet hp150 pump via -8 line and regulated by a Holley 12-803 regulator. My new nitrous plate will be an NOS crossbar.

I have a pretty loft performance goal next year, but I think its obtainable with some hard work and determination. I want to drive it to the track 2.5 hours from my house, run a 9.999999 and then drive it home.
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

New carburetor

Got started on the weight savings a little early. New rollpan installed a couple weeks ago. Cheap ebay $65 shipped piece.
    midweststreetcars.com

shouldnt be hard man, when i was still 2wd my truck wieghed in at 3970 with me in it.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Got a couple new goodies for the truck for Christmas from my girlfriend.

ARC touch panel and a Nitrous Outlet bottle blanket to help keep my bottle warm on these cold winter nights
    midweststreetcars.com

Well we had some nice weather this weekend and I decided to really clean the outside. I had neglected the paint for quite some time and it had lots of swirl marks/scratches from using the brush at the car wash on the weekends in a hurry to go out and have fun. It always looked good at night but when the sun would hit it, you could really see how ugly it was lol

So I went to O'Reily and got some meguiars rubbing compound, polish and gold class wax and went to town cleaning it. Also plasti-dip'd my wheels. It looks so good right now.

midweststreetcars.com

what do you guys use to keep the hot rubber from sticking to the paint? I see Meguires and others are now making a solvent to help get it off once it's on. Some people say to spray the panels that get rubber on them with PAM.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

+ Reply to Thread