+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Parkers Garage

im sure that 383 of yours is alot faster then 12s. Do you think you would of gained the same if you had gone 4150 on the same intake keeping EFI with E85?
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom405 View Post
    Finally made it in to the 12s lol
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    im sure that 383 of yours is alot faster then 12s. Do you think you would of gained the same if you had gone 4150 on the same intake keeping EFI with E85?
    Honestly, not yet. Gettin closer, but not quite. I have my theories, others have theirs. In the end, I wish I would have stayed with a 4"+ bore. I just think its a better platform to start with for a heavy truck. I have an awesome set of cylinder heads, but I feel the smaller bore will be the biggest limiting factor getting where I want to go. Not a big deal. If its way off from reaching the goal, I'll have the 6.0 block machined, buy some new pistons and put my crank and rods in it for a 408 or whatever. This little motor did pick up a bunch on the bottle before though and I expect it to be even better now. Still lots of little things to do. The camshaft is still the one for injection with a stock intake. Obviously there is more power to be made with the right cam. Still lots of carburetor tuning to do and messing with the MSD as well. I just all takes time

It's hard to say. Lots of conflicting information on the web. All I know is what I see in real life at the track and from speaking with really good friends of mine that have been very fast with a carb. Red Truck told me for a long time if I wanted to go fast to put a carb on it. It's hard to deny that he was right. There's two big reason why the switch to carb

1.) Money. I don't have a lot of it in this setup. Entire new fuel system; 20 gallon cell, fuel pump, fuel filter, all lines, and carb for what it would have cost me to just buy a 4150 tb and a good set of injectors

2.) My truck has had stupid electrical problems since the day I bought it brand new 5 years ago. Intermittent throttle issues, injectors not firing, fuel pump randomly shutting up, hard starting, the list goes on. I no longer have to do with any of that. My entire drive train is now manual/mechanical. The transmission shifts when I tell it to, the throttle body opens and closes when I want it to

Don't get me wrong. I still feel that fuel injection is far superior. There is a reason you're starting to see more and more really fast cars at the track that have made the switch to fuel injection from their carburetor. That's after market stuff though, not factory. Yes, there are LOTS of people going really fast with factory fuel injection too. Those people are far more intelligent than myself or have more money to pay someone to tune their stuff, that is. Not hating on either of those options.

Not saying that the carb is way simpler to me, because it's not. I've never owned a vehicle until now that had a carb. I have to learn them. I think it will be easier for me to learn because its more mechanical. I may be totally wrong. Luckily I have a couple really smart friends that have been really fast that are willing to share their knowledge with me to help me go as fast as I can as well.
    2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

forgot your were DBW that would add into cost of 4150 swap. I just cant ever see going to a carb when todays EFI is equal or superior but old heads only live by carbs. But time will tell when you start setting records
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Well, made a slight change for this year. I have decided to use Nitrous Express for my nitrous needs. Their plates seem to have really good distribution for the small block ford intakes, which are very similar to our victor jr intakes.

They have provided me their Trinity Pro Power plate and solenoids with jetting from 100-500 horsepower. I also purchased two of their 10# bottles with their sweet Lightning 45* valve. The bottle itself is almost 1# lighter than my old NOS bottles.

I like the packaging of the plate on the motor. Will be a clean setup once I have time to finish up the wiring. I was in a rush to make a race Friday evening and had just enough time to make the connections then head to the track.

Also added a fuel pressure gauge for my nitrous system to be sure the pump is on and working and also because I was curious how much the pressure was creeping while staging

And here's me, juice, and red truck waiting in line for the 12.00 class at the PSRA event at Thunder Valley Friday night

How did it do with the new plate?
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

good looking trucks. ready to see some times out of it.
    http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/madney89/jake_sig.jpg

5.3 FBO, 224/230, 3200 circle d, 4.11s
    13.3 @ 102mph

Quote Originally Posted by jakedewey View Post
    ready to see some times out of it.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Hmmm...LOL

Had a guy very interested in my 383 and he offered me enough money for me to pull the engine at a moments notice. I saw an opportunity to get back into a turbo set up, so that's what I did.

I purchased a 2004 5.3 complete from intake to oil pan with wiring harness for $250. I tore it apart and put new rings and bearings in it.
    New motor consists of:
    5.3L w/02 LS6 cam
    Brian Tooley dual valve springs
    Texas Speed 7.425 pushrods
    CSU 750cfm blow thru carb
    Trick Performance turbo kit
    76mm turbo

2007 RCSB|DTR81 built LSx 3xx|PRC|NX|BOGART|MSD|QUICKFUEL 950 E85|4L80|FTI Converters|Smith RaceCraft|Racepak
    midweststreetcars.com

How it sits now
    midweststreetcars.com

looks slow

Looks good man.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

+ Reply to Thread