+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much HP 5.3 Fuel pump?

How much HP 5.3 Fuel pump?

I am doing the 6.2 swap and it comes with 40# injectors. How much HP can my stock 5.3L fuel pump handle?
    2004 EXC Silverado 6.2L
    Mods:
    6.2L L92, Ported and Polished stage 3 heads, 95mm Throttle Body, 100mm MAF, NA, Pacesetter LT Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler, Electric Fans, 160* thermostat, 2" Drop Shackles, Hellwig Sway Bars Front and Rear, Monroe Reflex Shocks, NGK Spark Plugs, AMW Oil Catch Can, 17"x10" wheels on Kuhmo Tires.

my truck was just on the dyno yesterday.. i have 52lb injectors and he was tuning it with the new cam install he managed to get it to 470rwhp but the fuel pressure started dropping because of the fuel pump.. maybe that will give you an idea? he backed it off to 463rwhp and everything is fine..
    2007 silverado new body 5.3 procharged 9lbs of boost. comp cam custom grind... 463 rwhp and 401 torque

I believe that answered my question that i need to order a walbro fuel pump.
    2004 EXC Silverado 6.2L
    Mods:
    6.2L L92, Ported and Polished stage 3 heads, 95mm Throttle Body, 100mm MAF, NA, Pacesetter LT Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler, Electric Fans, 160* thermostat, 2" Drop Shackles, Hellwig Sway Bars Front and Rear, Monroe Reflex Shocks, NGK Spark Plugs, AMW Oil Catch Can, 17"x10" wheels on Kuhmo Tires.

+ Reply to Thread