+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Got my transgo shift kit installed, very disappointed...

Got my transgo shift kit installed, very disappointed...

Well just got my truck back from the shop i had a Transgo HD2 shift kit installed. Now the truck shifts worst than before.... hardly shifts firmer than it did before. Sometimes just randomly the tranmission will shift rev up 600rpms and then shift?? Never did this before. But it does shift quicker than it did before just not that firm very mooshy shifts.

I asked them to set the shift kit to the firmest settings and i got my old parts back so i know its in there.

Ive had two people tell me that i dont need to have it tuned since im mechanically chaning my transmission?? If hope this isnt right... if so then this shift kit was installed wrong or something.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I have HP tuners just tell me what tables to maybe play with to get it better.

Just a reminder my transmission was shifting great before the service and never had any of these problems.

Thanks Brandon
    04 Silverado RCSB
    02 LS1 Shortblock(Stock)
    LS6 CAM - 204/219 .551/.548 117.5
    243 Heads w/ Light Weight Valves
    Exhast- LT Pacesetters w/ory, 3" Straight pipe
    Suspension- DJM 4/6, Doetsch Shocks, Caltracs
    Need a ported DBW TB > http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...ale-trade.html

get a retune . . .
    Mine - 04 Crew Cab Silverado 2500, 6.0L - L92 heads/intake - 4L80e - 4wd
    Wife's - 08 Trail Blazer LT - stock - every option - slow !
    Vid of my old Silverado 6L <---
    99 Fountain - 27ft Fever - 502 mag MPI :-)

yup i think it may be tuning issues

ff_jeff Guest
    Not saying this is the case, But I have heard of shops just upping the trans pressure, and not installing the shift kit.

should have tune looked over for trans tables, TQM might be limiting some things. also it also depends on what the shop all installed as for your kit
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Mine shifted a bit funky at first - it took a good 200 miles of driving before it smoothed out, but I can really notice a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    Ill grab some ditch to get a cat...
    03 Silverado ECSB - SOLD
    06 CCSB Duramax - 12 second tow pig

Hey guys, thanks for all the input i have checked my tune just for that to see if there where any changes done to it but no. The shop its self is a very reputable shop many of the professional racers down at gainesville race way recommended them to me. There specialty is performance transmissions and have been in buisness for 27 years now. I even got all my old parts back.

I have a nelson tune but i just though i wouldnt have to change the tune. And i really doubt he will be able to get back to me with a tune before SAR.

Would any of you guys know specifically which table in Hp Tuners i can zero out or mess with to improve my problems? Maybe mess with my line pressure i really have no clue im just throwing out ideas.
    04 Silverado RCSB
    02 LS1 Shortblock(Stock)

there are different parts in the HD kit you can use for shift qualities. Just cause you got your old parts back doesnt mean they installed the Race parts. theres street- strip/street- race springs and specs inside the kit
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

There are??? when i looked at it when i was thinking about installing it my self it called for yellow, blue and white springs in the intructions and thats all that came with the kit? But i could be wrong i just dont remember seeing mutiple sets of springs only three packages of springs all different sizes/colors.

Man this is very depressing i should have just tried installing it myself... this was the first time i ever took my truck to a shop, i will never do that again.

I just got back from driving it and its still being pretty random... shifting really early and sometime really late. Ive also noticed it shifts really hard when i put it in reverse.
    04 Silverado RCSB
    02 LS1 Shortblock(Stock)

Lightbulb

My buddy down the street from my dad's house is having troubles with the same type of Transco shift kit. Accept he lost the ability to shift in drive and manually. He pulled it apart yesterday and was waiting for his buddy who works at a transmission shop to bring ove some new parts and correct his work.
    2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    -Gibson Exhaust

+ Reply to Thread