+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: transmission install write up

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    They stopped putting glue in them in 04 or 05. Here's another tip, after heating them to get them apart, use some choke cleaner on the plugs to clean off the glue. You won't have to heat them the next time.
    That is what I did. I didn't know anyone else uses that method LOL!
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Ok i just have one question. I thought the stall was really hard to pull on and off? This is the reason why i dont want to try to install my own stall. Does it just slip on/off easly or atleast able to pull it off with your own arm strenght? If it does then i might actually have a stall before SAR!

Would you have any tips on a stall install/removal?

Thanks, Brandon
    04 Silverado RCSB
    02 LS1 Shortblock(Stock)
    LS6 CAM - 204/219 .551/.548 117.5
    243 Heads w/ Light Weight Valves
    Exhast- LT Pacesetters w/ory, 3" Straight pipe
    Suspension- DJM 4/6, Doetsch Shocks, Caltracs
    Need a ported DBW TB > http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...ale-trade.html

That's a confusing post. Refer to the part as a converter or a TC or something so we know more about what you mean. Even a smaller diameter (higher stall speed usually) is still weighty. There are about 3-4 "clunks" it has to make going on the be installed all the way. Don't get it on the trans all the way and you'll shatter the pump when you tighten the bell housing bolts (ahem....ask a couple users here). Always make sure the bell is all the way against the engine AND the TC is free to rotate before installing the bell housing bolts or TC to flexplate bolts.

^^^Like he said, to change out the TC, you need to unbolt the bell housing, pull it all the way off to get good access to it, and always make sure its completely seated correctly
    2002 Z-71 ECSB-FLT Level 4, 6" Fabtech, 35's, all bolt ons

1998 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 31's roof rack, ARB bumper

that truck looks familiar where have i seen it lol. nice writeup man, you missed out on all the fun with my motor swap
    72 C10 5.3 4L60E

+ Reply to Thread