+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stressful Decisions...

Okay, here's the deal. I'm in the process of collecting parts for this winter when I tear the truck down for the re-vamp. I really want the Escalade front end with the billet grille insert. But, If I do that, and I put the Caddy front bumper on the truck, which would of course be white also. What do I do about my rear bumper? Do I just do a rollpan, or do I put the escalade rear bumper on as well? I don't wanna try to make a "escalade truck" But, I just like the front clips on the 88-'99 trucks. The rollpans look good and clean, and I don't tow with this vehicle as it will be too tall, and I have the PSD for towing purposes so a hitch isn't necissary. Would the lines of the rear bumper line up wiht the body lines of the truck? May be kinda confusing, but I am stressing myself out here on how I want this done, and am open to any opinions. Thanks guy.
    1997 Chevrolet Z-71 ECSB
    Summit White with Neutral Cloth Interior
    3" Performance Accessories Body Lift
    33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains on 15x10" AR 589's
    Dual Exhaust with 40-Series 2-Chamber Flowmasters
    5% Tint all Around, 5% Eyebrow
    Alpine DVD/CD Player, Alpine Type R Midrange Components, JL Audio Rear Plate Speakers, JLAudio 12w7's (s) Custom Downfire Enclosure, JLAudio 4-Channel to the mids/highs, Precision Power Amp for the Subs

i'll vote for the roll pan, that sounds like a good idea, simple and easy and it always looks good on our trucks.

sorry not much help, but just giving an opinion.

later,

allen

Roll pan
    You don't want to make it look like Escalade truck. Nice clean look for the back.
    1999 Silverado 1500 Ext. cab Red 2/4 hotchkis drop & swaybars, bilstein stocks, AR626 & 404 Nitto's, Yank converter, ASM headers, ASP underdrive pulley, Taylor wires , free mods VCN 2000, Nelson Performance tuning

2002 Red WS6 M6; Flow master K&N

Well the escalade front end is a new nice addition, I love them. I love the 02 clips on the 99-02 trucks. Now the 88-98 trucks have to use the old oval grilled denali or caddy front ends and IMO, i've seen to many to say i still like them.

For rear, if you go caddy front clip, just pull the bumper and wiretie the lincese plate on to hold you over.

But if you are actually going to go offroading, you'll love a rear bumper, it beats climbing on your tires to get to the bed, if you arent, then a rollpan will be nice.

I vote pan, b/c i've seen too many denali/caddy clipson 88-98 trucks. Plus the pan is by far cheaper.
    91 s10 - bagged and bodydropped...getting rebuilt
    91 nissan - backhalfed and bagged

Thanks for the input guys. I think for the time being, I'm gonna leave the stock front clip in place, and keep the stock bumpers. I'll still do the caddy conversion (maybe) down the road. But, for the time being I"ll keep stock like I said, and do a speed, or billet insert (not sure which) and clear sidemarkers etc. As much as I do like the caddy clip, for the clip and painting everyuthing like I'd want it, I'm lookin' at a spare 4k I really don't want to spend right now. Plus-I'd rather wait til the truck becomes a strictly nice weather/weekend type vehicle, so I don't start getting more dents/dings and rock chips after I drop all that money to get it painted etc.

Thanks again
    1997 Chevrolet Z-71 ECSB
    Summit White with Neutral Cloth Interior
    3" Performance Accessories Body Lift
    33x12.50 BFG All-Terrains on 15x10" AR 589's
    Dual Exhaust with 40-Series 2-Chamber Flowmasters
    5% Tint all Around, 5% Eyebrow
    Alpine DVD/CD Player, Alpine Type R Midrange Components, JL Audio Rear Plate Speakers, JLAudio 12w7's (s) Custom Downfire Enclosure, JLAudio 4-Channel to the mids/highs, Precision Power Amp for the Subs

+ Reply to Thread