+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing RMP on highway

I replaced my stall converter and nothing else in the trans so far. I have servo's and trans kit to be installed. I have been going down a flat road or down hit and my truck sounds and RPM prove that it has dropped a gear or something. I was down the road in over-drive A4 and drop into 3 and RPM increased a very little. This has started since the stall change. Do I need to get the servo's in and reprogram the computer to fix this or what? Thanks for the help.
    Paul
    1999 Silverado 1500 Ext. cab Red 2/4 hotchkis drop & swaybars, bilstein stocks, AR626 & 404 Nitto's, Yank converter, ASM headers, ASP underdrive pulley, Taylor wires , free mods VCN 2000, Nelson Performance tuning

2002 Red WS6 M6; Flow master K&N

it was kind of hard to get the idea of what was happening with your stall, but if you changed it and it's a high one, i've heard of ppl having to change some settings in the pcm to keep the convertor locked up.
    so when you shift to 3rd then 4th, you can feel it right, then in fourth, you should feel another drop down, like it's changing into fifth, but it's the convertor locking up.

if you've installed a high stall and the stall is locking and unlocking there is a simple fix for this.

is this what's it's doing? if so, i can help,

later,

allen

Converter ss3200. A4 trans
    Riding in drive (overdrive) 55 mph @ 2000 rpm's drop shifter down to 3 rpm increase 1-200. Then truck changes in overdrive again rpm to 1500. Or it happen 1500 to 2000 going down hill. Highway driving 80 mph 2000 rpm jumps up to 2500 no reason. With cruise control on. I was thinking the trans. was not holding presure and I need to get servo's install and then get edit to help also.
    1999 Silverado 1500 Ext. cab Red 2/4 hotchkis drop & swaybars, bilstein stocks, AR626 & 404 Nitto's, Yank converter, ASM headers, ASP underdrive pulley, Taylor wires , free mods VCN 2000, Nelson Performance tuning

ya, sounds like the pcm is locking and unlocking your converter, once you get edit you can fix it, also, are you getting any misfires?

allen

Not hearing any. I hope not I am suppose to go to Florida and get my Nitrous kit installed next weekend.

oh, the pcm will detect misfires somtimes, but you won't feel them, just wondering if you have done any logging, that's all, you wont' hear them or feel them, just if you connect a diag tool up to your pcm.

you'll be fine, but i know that tc locking and unlocking is a pita.

allen

Thanks, if it does go boom them Ls1 going in. I hope not for a year to save up more money after this last upgrade. I need to dyno my truck after the upgrade. Still did not call about that. Was going to do at the show but they did not bring it to the show had to go to there shop. Next week I hope.

+ Reply to Thread