+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accumulator Questions

Accumulator Questions

Here is what I am going to buy. Anything else needed?
    The Corvette servo. eBay Motors: CORVETTE SERVO 700R4 4L60 4L60E E CAMARO TRANSGO (item 8005428401 end time Jan-17-09 23:38:39 PST)

I know I read to replace the plastic accumulators, but which of these two gets replaced? Or do they both get replaced? By the way, the transmission is out of a 2002 Camaro, 4l60E. I have the pan off right now and want to get it done now.
    4L60E FORWARD CLUTCH ALUMINUM ACCUMULATOR PISTON 4L65E
    eBay Motors: 4L60E FORWARD CLUTCH ALUMINUM ACCUMULATOR PISTON 4L65E (item 8005429443 end time Jan-17-09 23:46:46 PST)
    and/or
    4L60E 1-2 ALUMINUM ACCUMULATOR PISTON SMALL PIN 4L65E
    eBay Motors: 4L60E 1-2 ALUMINUM ACCUMULATOR PISTON SMALL PIN 4L65E (item 8019403908 end time Jan-13-09 19:32:34 PST)
    I would also like to buy this and install it, but not if I have to drop the valve body. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks Art...
    TRANSGO 4L60E 4L60-E SHIFT KIT GM CHEVY TRANSMISSION
    eBay Motors: TRANSGO 4L60E 4L60-E SHIFT KIT GM CHEVY TRANSMISSION (item 4575138410 end time Dec-25-08 11:20:11 PST)
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

You may need a longer servo pin to set proper band/servo apply.

Probably 2 plastic pistons in there you want to change.

This one in the servo.

And the forward accum.

Here are the aluminum ones.

03 Chevy ECSB, Z71, 6.0L(LQ4), Maggie @ 9PSI, 4l80E, PI Vig 2800, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10, 90mm LS2 TB, Meth Injection, HSW Dry N20, LPE GT7 Cam, 918 springs, Dynatech LT's, Hi Flow cats, custom stainless exhaust, DMH cutouts, DJM Suspension Drop, E-Fans, AirAid, HPT 2Bar SD Tuned, 11.68 @ 114.2

Hey, just come by the shop, we usually have transgo shiftkits, vette servos, and the metal accu.'s in stock.
    We might be a few dollars higher, because we're not a trans shop, but it'll save you the headaches.
    Plus, we've done a little testing on springs for the servo and accu.'s so the trans shifts nice and quick, but not too harsh during normal driving, then hits real nice at wot.

just wanted to throw that out,
    btw, pm melissa to make sure we have everything before you stop by, but i think we do.

later,
    allen

Yep some knowledge in what springs and separator plate hole sizes will go a long way to getting it setup the way you want. I've setup some real neck snappers!

03 Chevy ECSB, Z71, 6.0L(LQ4), Maggie @ 9PSI, 4l80E, PI Vig 2800, Detroit True-Trac, 4.10, 90mm LS2 TB, Meth Injection, HSW Dry N20, LPE GT7 Cam, 918 springs, Dynatech LT's, Hi Flow cats, custom stainless exhaust, DMH cutouts, DJM Suspension Drop, E-Fans, AirAid, HPT 2Bar SD Tuned, 11.68 @ 114.2

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Hey, just come by the shop, we usually have transgo shiftkits, vette servos, and the metal accu.'s in stock.
    We might be a few dollars higher, because we're not a trans shop, but it'll save you the headaches.
    Plus, we've done a little testing on springs for the servo and accu.'s so the trans shifts nice and quick, but not too harsh during normal driving, then hits real nice at wot.

btw, pm melissa to make sure we have everything before you stop by, but i think we do.

later,
    allen
    Quote Originally Posted by KySilverado View Post
    Yep some knowledge in what springs and separator plate hole sizes will go a long way to getting it setup the way you want. I've setup some real neck snappers!
    +3 on setting it up properly. BTW Allen how are you setting them up?

I would not ever install a longer apply pin without disassembly and measurement. It's using a tourniquet when you need a band-aid.

You may need a longer servo pin to set proper band/servo apply. Probably 2 plastic pistons in there you want to change.
    And the forward accum.

Here are the aluminum ones.
    Why would I need the longer pin? I thought all I would need is the Corvette servo. I got mine out, but it looks different than the one on ebay. Can I see the front of both the aluminum ones?

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post

later,
    allen
    Allen I would love to take you up on that, and will, but I am still a long time away from being able to drive it. I am not too worried about the price, I understand about that. Since I already have the pan off and the accumulators out, I am just going to change those out. When I take it in to get tuned I will do the shift kit. And can you then fine tune the transmission with the springs for the servo and accumulator's? I definitely do not want it to be harsh shifting during normal driving, it is going to be my daily driver. Thanks Art...

I don't want a neck snapper for daily driving, just at WOT.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

I don't have a picture of the other side of the forward accum. Also your piston may be installed opposite of what it is shown in this picture. It's flopped around with a shift kit install.

If there is a lot of slop on the servo assy or band the servo will still work but it delays the shift. The correct length pin quickens the shift. Chances are you don't need it and as mentioned without the correct measurements just forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT View Post
    +3 on setting it up properly. BTW Allen how are you setting them up?
    It's really no secret, I'll give you a call and you can tell me what you think about it., btw, i got your message, sorry for the delay on getting back to you, i will for sure!

Whenever you're ready Art, let us know,

ttyl,
    allen

Same thing I asked Duckysbht. I am going to lower my truck 4/6, and am going to buy a cast aluminum pan. I want to buy the deep one, but that will probably be below the trans cross member, putting it at risk of being hit. So I decided I am going to get the shallow one same depth as factory.
    Will this be worth it?
    Will the shallow one dissipate heat and be as effective as the deep one, just hold less fluid?
    Or are the deep pans only good because they hold 3 quarts more capacity?
    Last edited by Chevy-Art; 12-27-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread