+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Accumulator Questions

The stock pan will be just fine, just install a trans cooler instead.
    I'd spend the $100 or so on a trans cooler and the trans won't over heat at all.
    More quarts are better.

The added capacity and the fact it has a drain plug and a place for a sender are the main advantages of the cast deep pan. I can't see how a 1/4" thick aluminum casting could dissipate heat better than 16 gauge sheet metal....

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    The stock pan will be just fine, just install a trans cooler instead.
    I'd spend the $100 or so on a trans cooler and the trans won't over heat at all.
    More quarts are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    The added capacity and the fact it has a drain plug and a place for a sender are the main advantages of the cast deep pan. I can't see how a 1/4" thick aluminum casting could dissipate heat better than 16 gauge sheet metal....
    Cool thanks for the help and for saving me money on the pan. I already have a trans cooler B&M Part # 70264; 24,000 GVW.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Well.....might want to get a bigger cooler. I think the 40K range might be better. Make sure you route the fluid out from the trans to the stock cooler in the radiator 1st, then to the add-on cooler, then back to the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    Well.....might want to get a bigger cooler. I think the 40K range might be better. Make sure you route the fluid out from the trans to the stock cooler in the radiator 1st, then to the add-on cooler, then back to the trans.
    Bigger, wow, I thought the 24,000 would be too big. But will look into buying another one.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Ask someone else here before you spend any money, I might be wrong. I've installed the GM auxiliary coolers before but nothing aftermarket (except for my Chevelle).

+ Reply to Thread