+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sumping a stock fuel tank

RedHeartbeat.. i like your write up and install, alot.. its very interesting. Id like to see what yours would look like with maybe some custom fiberglass, to make that sump look almost factory.
    Sponsored by Taylor Wires!
    Sponsored by PowerMaster!!
    Sponsored by FROZEN BOOST!
    Sponsored by US Speedo!

This is in Bud8fan's boy's truck. The lining actually started breaking loose and plugged up the filter on the pump. He's redone the tank recently to a different style because of the coating issue. Be sure you get the tank coated with the right stuff, it seems there are companies not doing it correctly. I don't know what was used in this tank to coat it. Surely the best way is to have it coated like the factory does but thats probably cost prohibitive. I painted the outside around the sump and welds with Eastwood's fuel tank spray coating, FWIW.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

what fittings did you use from the intake to the filter please

?

This one? -6AN male to 3/8 ID Russell fuel line adapter 640850

The first post has a list of all fittings I used in this setup.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

fuel sump

Is this a 5.3 tank or a 6.0l tank

The tank we had sumped was a 1993 RCSB. It can be done to any steel tank.

Hey man got a question if you have time. How hard is it to assemble the connectors to the line. I have never tried to build any of this but I am thinking about doing it my self rather than paying the shop just so I can say I did it. I have already gotton the ends I need to connect to the fuel rail thanks to you thread. But I have no clue how the ends attach to the hose.

Oh and i am gonna be running a fully stock 5.3 may do a small cam down the road but that is it.

It all depends on what type of ends you bought. If you have the ones with the threaded collar like I used, it's really easy to assemble them. Cut your lines to length, remove the collar from the fitting and slide it over the hose, put a little wd40 or 3 in 1 oil on the fitting and push it into the hose then screw it into the fitting. A vise helps to hold the hose and collar as you thread the fitting in, if you have one. Also, there are aluminum AN wrenches you can buy to protect the finish of the fitting when working on them.

Ok thanks alot. I will look for those tools to. Yea i am ordering what you have posted less the ones i do not need due to intank pump rather than inline. but thanks alot man.

I had a problem with the fuel delivery system in my 2003 chevy. I did not opt for the cutting of the tank. I just put a 255gph fuel pump in tank. Then I added a 1 gallon swirl tank under the truck just before the fuel filter. I then put an external 255gph that pushes the fuel through the stock system to the magna charger and back to the swirl tank and then goes back to the fasctory tank through return. No more problems works great. It also keeps the cost in a resonable price range.
    6.0 MAX Blown

+ Reply to Thread