+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: dont know what to do

dont know what to do

i just bought a 2004 GTO 5.7 and T56. got it for a hell of a deal. well i dont want to convert my s10 back to injected (it works good as a carbed "old school" style sbc) dont want to put it into my silvey. because i wont stop spending $$$ on it, and it would eventually be almost as fast as my s10. my silvey is supposed to be my reliable daily transportation. so i was thinking of startin a new project. i want something cheap, but dont know what kind of platform i want to build. any suggestions? i like putting v8's in cars/trucks theyre not supposed to be in. i like getting the shock factor, when i fire my s10 up. i would like a muscle car, but they are expensive, rx7's and 240z's are over done, i have a s10 already. i was thinking maybe do the "Ford tough with Chevy stuff" thing and stuff it into a mustang, but i only want a lx coupe if i do that. well i wanna hear what yall think, give me some feedback, if you got a wierd swap idea lets hear it. i like wierd swaps. thanks.
    Last edited by v8sten; 11-29-2008 at 03:55 AM.

LX Coupe. They hook really well with no suspension mods. I'd put it in the s10 though.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Id put the 5.7/t56 in your s-10 (pictured?) sale the carbed SBC to offset the cost.

or just buy another s-10, not like you cant find a solid s-10 for under a grand.
    Last edited by LSXmyford; 11-29-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    LSX conversions, so easy a caveman can do it.

ff_jeff Guest
    don't forget about the Colorado's. And the Canyons. Also, I saw a LSX early 90's model Cavalier that was a real sleeper. Wheels even looked stock,wheels were made wider by a wheel company. Dash was the only dead giveaway.
    Last edited by ff_jeff; 11-29-2008 at 09:45 AM.

fwd tp rwd

yah ive been thinking of stuffin it in a 98 civic, but i cant find any that bodystyle for under a grand. i like that bodystyle. believe me i have been thinking about the s10 but as it is right now its a mid 11 sec truck on motor and when i spray it, it dips into the mid 9's.

a chevette!
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

did i mention it should be in a chevette
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

one of my first projects with a v8 was a 300zx the 90 body style. It had a sound thought behind it but I never got past the body work. Still got the thing in the back yard waiting for the knowledge and money to make it happen.

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

so your lookin for a car less than $1000 to stuff it in?
    Big slow mud truck with a TUNE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper1500 View Post
    did i mention it should be in a chevette
    Yeah a chevette would be great tubed and with 20*15 wheels with those wide mickey thompson tires.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

+ Reply to Thread