+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Circle D - Converter Options

Circle D - Converter Options

Here is a breakdown of our LS style converters.

The first 2 are based on OE converters. They use the factory front and single disk clutch. We replace the lining with Raybestos Spun Wound, a special lining made just for the GM trans. We upgrade the torrington bearings and tig weld the blades. We also re-calibrate the internals to enhance the performance.

300MM Stage I - This is the stock 4.8 converter tweaked to Circle D Specs. Rated stall 2300-2500. Nice bump in performance for a 5.3 or 6.0 truck that still pulls a lot. - $275

278MM Stage II - This is the 11" TB I6 converter tweaked to Circle D Specs. This is one of my most popular Truck converters. 2800-3000 rated stall. You can still tow with this converter, but an external cooler is recommended. - $375

These next 3 are my billet options. The Stage II & III are Circle D exclusives, made in house on our CNC equipment. Here are brief descriptions of each stage. These are typically built in the 245MM diameter, but I also do make them in a 258MM for a little lower stall.

Stage I - "Street/Strip Billet Series" - The ideal street strip torque converter for the average bolt-on or heads/cam set up making 450-500 rwhp. This unit consists of a standard billet front and billet piston. Each unit is furnace brazed and tig welded for increased strength and integrity. Custom built to customers specs. Stall options range from 2500 to 4000. - $725.00

Stage II " Competition Billet Series" - $885.00 - This unit is for the hardcore big cube and power adder guys. Ideal for those that are putting down some serious naturally aspirated HP or running a big shot of nitrous. This is a fully rollerized unit that has the custom billet front and custom billet piston. Each unit is furnace brazed and tig welded for increased strength and integrity. Custom built to customer specs. Stall options 3000 to 5500 .
    - $885.00

Stage III "Pro Billet Series" - This unit is the serious over acheiver. It has no HP limits. It is built with our custom billet front,, custom billet piston and has our highly proven multi-disc lock up assembly. This converter can be locked up on the dyno or at WOT down the track and take all you can throw at it. We challenge you to try to break it. Each unit is furnace brazed and tig welded for increased strength and integrity. Custom built to customer specs. Stall options 3000 to 5500 . - $995.00

Each of our Billet torque converters are custom built when ordered, not an off the shelf converter. Every unit, billet or not, is meticulously machined, balanced and assembled as if it were going our own car. We set the standard when it comes to quality and crafstmanship. We provide unsurpassed customer service before, during and after the sale. I think great customer service is why I have been so successful. As always, we offer free shipping to our LS1Truck customers.

Hope this info helps, any questions???

Chris
    Last edited by Circle-D; 02-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.

How about warranty info?

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    How about warranty info?
    2 Years on billets and 1 year on everything else.

Chris

Slimsilverado Guest
    Chris I currently have a stock motor but planning to rebuild trans soon and want a coverter for the boltons comming soon, headers, cam, and ported heads. Would you TB converter be the one for me? RCSB, 373 gears, 222/224 cam and will have fully rebuilt trans soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimsilverado View Post
    Chris I currently have a stock motor but planning to rebuild trans soon and want a coverter for the boltons comming soon, headers, cam, and ported heads. Would you TB converter be the one for me? RCSB, 373 gears, 222/224 cam and will have fully rebuilt trans soon.

The TB converter will work with that setup Brian. If you are planning on going all out you might want to consider a higher stall option, given the powerband of that cam and the money you will be putting into the heads.

Thanks for the info, I will be looking into these.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

These prices good for 4l80e's?
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Give me a call about 4L80, I have some new stuff coming out.

Chris

713-895-8834

In the stage 2 tc whats the difference between that and a stock tbss tc. What do you do to make them better. Me and a couple others were just wondering why pay 350.00 when a stock tbss you can get for around 175.00 and have the same effect.

Slimsilverado Guest
    Whats better about your remanu TB verter say again Recon remanu TB verter?????

+ Reply to Thread