+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Circle D - Converter Options

Quote Originally Posted by GenIII_4Ever View Post
    In the stage 2 tc whats the difference between that and a stock tbss tc. What do you do to make them better. Me and a couple others were just wondering why pay 350.00 when a stock tbss you can get for around 175.00 and have the same effect.
    We modify them to Circle D Specs. We raise the stall another 3-400 over stock, tig weld the blades for strength/durability, upgrade to a HD torrington bearing, and use a spun wound Raybestos clutch for lock up. It is considerably stronger than the OE counterpart and will also perform better. No core charge.

Chris

Got mine from them. Nice little hands on shop that is well
    respected locally.
    2002 Tahoe 4.8 - soon to be turbo'd - SOLD
    1989 Mustang - LX Vert - 351W-TT - 2inches of dust covering it
    2012 Raptor - 497rwhp at 10psi
    If you aint breaking - you aint going fast enough

circle-d, the list below is the mods i have. what do you think is a good converter for this set-up?

LQ4 6.0- 224/224-.560/.560-112 cam, long tube headers, flex-a-lite efans, k&n intake, throttle body spacer, msd 8.5's, e3 iridium plugs, and special thanks to Justin at Black Bear.

4L60E- "The Beast" sun gear, super hold servos, transgo shift kit, pinless accumulater piston, 5 pin planetaries.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wicked03 View Post
    circle-d, the list below is the mods i have. what do you think is a good converter for this set-up?

What do you have in the rear end? Also depends on what you are spinning the engine up to. Do you know what it weighs with you in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-D View Post
    We modify them to Circle D Specs. We raise the stall another 3-400 over stock, tig weld the blades for strength/durability, upgrade to a HD torrington bearing, and use a spun wound Raybestos clutch for lock up. It is considerably stronger than the OE counterpart and will also perform better. No core charge.

Chris
    im curious to where the stall actually is then? i had TB stall that did 2900 and it was a factory one
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    im curious to where the stall actually is then? i had TB stall that did 2900 and it was a factory one
    I typically rate them at 3000-3200. But it depends on HP, Gearing, weight, and breaks. If you were getting 2900 out o the OE 278MM, then you would get 3200+ out of a Circle D.

Chris
    Visit us on Facebook

Please fill out my Ask Chris form for converter recommendations.

http://www.circledspecialties.com

Do you tow any? Wiling to sacrifice street manors for better performance? Have a budget to stick to?

Chris
    Visit us on Facebook

no i do not tow anything. street manors do not matter to me, i only put about 5k miles a year on it. dont really have a budget, even though kinda low on cash due to holidays.

LQ4 6.0- 224/224-.560/.560-112 cam, long tube headers, flex-a-lite efans, k&n intake, throttle body spacer, msd 8.5's, e3 iridium plugs, and special thanks to Justin at Black Bear.

4L60E- "The Beast" sun gear, super hold servos, transgo shift kit, pinless accumulater piston, 5 pin planetaries.

i cant wait to get my 80e full billet verter to try it out. thanks Chris
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

no i do not tow anything. street manors do not matter to me, i only put about 5k miles a year on it. dont really have a budget, even though kinda low on cash due to holidays.
    I would recommend our Stage I 245MM in a "3C" stall - which is rated at 3500-3700. It will have decent street manors but really shine at the track. It has the billet front and billet piston, very strong converter. Single disk will be fine if you don't tow anything.

Chris
    Visit us on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread