+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1998 silverado stepside

1998 silverado stepside

I found a nice place to put my L83. I picked up this rust free, dent free, 98 single cab. Thanks Hadley. It looks like a good body. The interior is dirty as hell but I think it can be saved and no cracks in the dash!

I put a fresh battery in her and poured a little gas down its throat and she fired right up. The throttle boby is frozen from 10 years of sitting and there is a dead miss somewhere but hey its getting pulled anyway.

I will try to get it running right so I can sell the drivetrain for parts money. So I am going to need a lot of help here guys so be patient as I ask all the same questions you have heard a hundred times already. Lol

I am going to put this entire setup in the truck. I hope I dont have to cut into the frame but it is what it is ya know.

Comments are welcome

looks like a really clean truck, but that is not a 1998. looks to be a 88-94 judging by the grill, mirrors, interior, and the tbi motor

96 chevy k1500, 5.7l vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, volant CAI, pacesetter LTs, spintech 6000, b&m, 33's--awaiting lq4/4l80e swap
    94 z28 camaro m6, 383 LT1, slp CAI, pacesetter LTs w/ORY, e-cut out, spintech 2otl, hurst SS, strano sways, BMR suspension, viking coilovers, solomon tuned

88-89. It has the square window and door switches.

Lol I am so goofy sometimes Yes it is a 89. I have been working on it trying to get the engine running right but it is giving me a lot of trouble. I have it purring like a kitten at idle but over 2000 rpm it starts missing really bad. Almost makes me wish it was froze up.

Pretend it is froze up and pull. Great looking truck.

if it were me I would just pull it and sell it as is, let the buyer know what was going on before you pulled it. not going to get quite as much as a perfectly running motor, but if the trans is fine and that is the only issue you should still be able to make out quite well. no reason to keep sinking money into a motor you are going to pull and sell anyways

96 chevy k1500, 5.7l vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, volant CAI, pacesetter LTs, spintech 6000, b&m, 33's--awaiting lq4/4l80e swap
    94 z28 camaro m6, 383 LT1, slp CAI, pacesetter LTs w/ORY, e-cut out, spintech 2otl, hurst SS, strano sways, BMR suspension, viking coilovers, solomon tuned

Well I got it running finally. Dang thing drove me nuts. Rebuilt the tbi, repaired broken spark plug wires replaced te plugs, rebuilt the dist, cut out the converter, etc. Now all those things needed to be done trust me. But it stil banged out. Then someone suggested cleaning the ground connection at the tstat housing. Boom runs great. Thats what was wrong all along. Oh that and the rear end is out. Lol

I pulled the bed for better access and the rear end is now at Texasautogear getting a new 3.42 and a rebuilt posi unit. I bought both on Ebay for 400.
    I also installed a 2inch drop hanger kit and I am replacing the rear end bushing with prothane ones while I am at it. Pictures soon.

I have the rear end back and got started changing the bushings. Then I hit a snag. seems that there are 2 sizes of shackle bushings and I of course got the smaller ones that dont fit. Funny the Ebay add said they would fit but also said they were 1 3/8ths. Now he wants me to pay shipping. Oh well small problems. Oh and installed the 2 inch drop hangers as well.

man I envy how clean your frame is, I pulled my bed off and I was looking at quite a bit of swiss cheese lol

Subscribed

I have a 89 I am planning to ls swap and interested in your progress

Mostly concerned with dash wiring to get all the factory gauges working.

+ Reply to Thread