+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any seen an lt1 in 1986 c10

Gotta say really cool site, and tons of info only I can't find anything on what I'm looking to do. I have a 1986 c10 and considering an lt1 swap but was wanting to get an idea what it takes to do the job? If any one has seen this done or has any info I would greatly appreciate it. From what I understand its not gonna be easy considering the frame rails on 1981-1987 are not as wide as newer trucks. Please someone

I realize that this thread is almost a month old, but nobody has replied to it, so I will attempt to do so.

An LT1 is physically the same as the old small block chevys from the 265 to the 400cid. Your C10 probably has a SBC in it now, and if not, finding the right parts at the salvage yard to put one in should not be very difficult. Your only main concerns on this swap are going to be the wiring harness and the fuel system. You can purchase a stand alone harness, or modify the one from the donor vehicle. The fuel system will have to be entirely updated to include a high pressure fuel pump and lines to support it. This is probably a much easier swap than you think though. Make sure you get as much as you can from the donor vehicle, you can always throw away what you don't need. Get all of the accessories, wiring, PCM, everything. It will make your life easier.
    Current Rides:

'02 Yukon SLT 5.3/AT

+ Reply to Thread