+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Billet Servo Installation

[QUOTE=lanedrive;185766]
    Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    The tune affects it for sure but the PCM still has TAP function that will lower the harnessness a little over time.[/QUOTE

I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if it gets better.
    in a couple of weeks you could have tranny parts scattered all over the road. a servo is plenty for a 60e. get those line pressures turned down. i have literally snapped 3 trannys in half and burned out 2 others, and thats with a basicly stock motor. truck+60e+harsh snapping shifts=broken parts
    02' silverado ext. cb 2wd , 5.3 liter 325c.i. LM7, ported and polished throttlebody with bypass, Jannetty Racing 87 octane dyno tune, cold air intake with custom ram air, Heavy duty built 4l60e with vette servo, Z-pac clutches, "The Beast" Sunshell, transgo shift kit, yukon 4.10 gears with true trac, custom exhaust with Moroso Spiralflow, no cats, MSD 8.5 race wires, NGK TR55's
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Damn dude, take it easy on yourself during personal wacky time lol.
    Sometimes it can get out of hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Satan just called - hell froze over.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I take it like a virgin on prom night... I'm not happy, it hurts, but at the same time, I'm too drunk to care.

So only the pressures turned up a little will blow perfectly good transmissions by installing servos? Man, no wonder almost everyone here makes so much fun of their 4L60E's...

If one scatters like that it would scatter with or without the tune, with or without the servos. Might just take longer.

That looks like damage from something else if it was in an almost stock vehicle, most likely wheel hop or incorrect pinion angle. To do it multiple times definitely tells me that something else is definitely wrong.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

ff_jeff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    That looks like damage from something else if it was in an almost stock vehicle, most likely wheel hop or incorrect pinion angle. To do it multiple times definitely tells me that something else is definitely wrong.
    I will lean twards wheels hop, donuts, and burn outs. Pinion angle is probably off too.

Just my 2cents,

I did this mod a few months back. Exact same parts and instructions. I even got on youtube.com and found a vid on putting it in. So I watched the vid like 5 times and finally got the balls to do it. It took me 4 HOURS!!! I cant even count how many times I cussed my truck that night. Even had to get my wife to help me at one point... Anyways im not sure if its just the 6.0's or what, but I had to drop the rear of the tranny and then pry it down with a crowbar. It finally all went together but I wouldnt do it again. Its worth paying a tranny guys to do it if your not sure about it. Long story short,lol, the truck lost 4th gear last week. WOW I didnt now what to do. So I drove over to my tranny guy and he put it on the lift. THE DAMN SNAP RING WAS COMMING OUT. So he dropped the back of the tranny and took the servo out. We noticed that I didnt put a washer in thats before the lil snapring. He also said that I was lucky cause I could have cracked the tranny case if we didnt catch it in time. It only cost me 40 bucks and a few days without 4th, But it could have been real bad. Yeah big dummy huh. So I woulded do it again. But other than that im real happy with the billet servos. Would do it again, but I would damn sure pay the $40 instead of going through the hassle.

Chris
    Last edited by wayfastw86; 11-03-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: im stupid lol
    2005 5.3l CCSB- 220r/114, full bolt-ons, 4.56/trutrac

2004 VHO LQ9- Heads/Cam/Full bolt-ons SOLD and missed

More Pics-
    http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/p...6/ls1%20truck/

ff_jeff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wayfastw86 View Post
    Just my 2cents,

I did this mod a few months back. Exact same parts and instructions. I even got on youtube.com and found a vid on putting it in. So I watched the vid like 5 times and finally got the balls to do it. It took me 4 HOURS!!! I cant even count how many times I cussed my truck that night. Even had to get my wife to help me at one point... Anyways im not sure if its just the 6.0's or what, but I had to drop the rear of the tranny and then pry it down with a crowbar. It finally all went together but I wouldnt do it again. Its worth paying a tranny guys to do it if your not sure about it. Long story short,lol, the truck lost 4th gear last week. WOW I didnt now what to do. So I drove over to my tranny guy and he put it on the lift. THE DAMN SNAP RING WAS COMMING OUT. So he dropped the back of the tranny and took the servo out. We noticed that I didnt put a washer in thats before the lil snapring. He also said that I was lucky cause I could have cracked the tranny case if we didnt catch it in time. It only cost me 40 bucks and a few days without 4th, But it could have been real bad. Yeah big dummy huh. So I woulded do it again. But other than that im real happy with the billet servos. Would do it again, but I would damn sure pay the $40 instead of going through the hassle.

Chris
    I feel ya. when I put billet servos in I put the seal on the 4th servo on facing the wrong way.

Takes me about 20 minutes laying in my driveway.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    saved $20 how?

You really don't have to modify the shift pressures with the servos, they have somewhere near 35% more holding power than even the Corvette servos. Billet would be my only choice for high HP/TQ applications because the additional holding power will prevent the band from slipping.
    Would upgrading to a bilet servo over a vette servo help slippage in the shifts. My trans is slipping on the shift now.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

nope, once the damage is done its best to just get it repaired asap before you hurt something else.

Sorry to heart that Zeake. Thought you might have mentioned that in another topic. I agree with Greg, it's already hurt. Now it's a waiting game on what else it breaks inside.

+ Reply to Thread