+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm calling her Mia

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyLee View Post
    Nice work, I also was thinking of shaving the plastic truck intake and painting it, I might do that when I go with the L92.
    please do, I hate all these stupid covers everyone does. the only ones that are even cool are the vette covers. you can make these engines look just as sexy as the gen one engines with a little work.
    s10 with 4l60e and cammed 5.3 on the road!THREAD
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.".

I like the idea of grinding the intake smooth. It's pretty much what I did inside the air box on my Blazer. Maybe I'll try it when I have to replace the intake gaskets on the GMC.

This great im ready to do something like this to my s10 i wanted to build a 4.3 but im thinking an aluminum block V-8 mite work to lol but can't find ever one for the right price

Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    This great im ready to do something like this to my s10 i wanted to build a 4.3 but im thinking an aluminum block V-8 mite work to lol but can't find ever one for the right price

Google LKQ they have them reasonable an ls1 or aluminum 5.3 would be great. A 6.0 aluminum would be an LS2 and they are not cheap.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Cool thanks that is helping with all my projects now lol

Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    you can pick up aluminum 5.3's for pretty cheap, but ls1's and ls2's are always pretty pricy, the 5.3 can be made into a badass little engine though, and you could build it up and buy it for the cost of an ls1-ls2.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.".

intake is done

My house currently has 7 people in it because of a friend of the family is getting married, there for Greg now has his out of town family at his house. needless to say progress is slow. but onto my small update.

installed my valley cover, ls2 timing chain, ported oil pump, timing cover, new front and rear main seals, and got in my head gaskets, exhaust, and intake gaskets.

intake in primer with lots of holes

intake all done.

and a little teaser

I should have used darker primer on the intake so that the final color would have been closer to the block. But when I can spend the money i'll be getting edelbrocks new setup, or a fast so it's not a big enough deal for me to repaint. The heads are my old ones just sitting on there for mock-up, my heads are at the machine shop getting surfaced and jet washed. after they get back the long block will get assembled. other then that i'm just getting loose ends taken care of. i'm ordering the last of my parts on sunday and monday.

next weekend is a 3 day for me and my buddies that are working on Mia. As long as the sky refrains from falling progress will be made.

Greg
    Last edited by Lsx10; 12-06-2008 at 12:56 AM.

that intake looks kick ass
    what did you use to put the aluminum piece on the intake?

that intake looks awsome! project seems to be coming together good. Keep it up cant wait to see it finished
    74 Austin Morris Mini 1000 - Daily Coil Spring conversion, lowered, Disc Brake conversion
    FOR SALE: 04 RC/LB Duramax -12 second tow pig, built Allison, Tune, and supporting mods
    FOR SALE: 03 Silverado SS -DBRods built 40X, DP, Suspension. Going for fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lsx10 View Post

intake all done.

and a little teaser
    Man all that looks real good! Excellent job.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread