+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.3 to LS1

I'm back!
    I am in the market for a 2000-02 X-cab F/S, and I have found some really good prices on some nice trucks, but a lot of them have the 4.3 V6 in them (wht the hell was GM thinking?) Anyways, what kind of trouble am I getting into to swap an LS1 into one of these trucks. That will be the sole purpose for the purchase, so I would like to know what all may be involved. I know about the motor mounts/ tranny crossmember changes, and engine harness and PCM. How hard would it be to change the engine harness and to integrate it into the rest of the wiring harness on the truck though (dash harness in particular) Is it worth the difference in price from just starting with a v8 truck? Either way, I will probably end up with the LS1 motor down in there, so the cheaper I can buy the truck, the better. I see that there is another post on this swap, but into an S-truck which the 5.3 never came in from the factory. I figured that this would be easier than that swap, since the F/S came with the 3rd gen motors. I can get whatever parts I need out of the salvage yard instead of needing custom made stuff.

BTW, this site has really taken off in the last year, and some of you guys have some really nice trucks!

Thanks,
    Jason
    Current Rides:

'02 Yukon SLT 5.3/AT

I am mostly concerned about wiring. I am sure that physically bolting the motor in is not that difficult.

On the other hand, I have found some good prices on V8 trucks with some mileage. I have a buddy that is a wholesaler and can probably find me a good deal on one. That will save me all the effort of doing the swap (except from 5.3 to LS! )
    Current Rides:

'02 Yukon SLT 5.3/AT

+ Reply to Thread