+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Careful under your truck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    dont use scissor jacks either.
    I almost learned that one the hard way, when I had my Rustang... Good thing that I had just walked away when it fell.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Sorry to hear about that man.

I'm curious - did it give out because of the dirt giving way? I would think "no" because you said it was on plywood. Just curious what part was actually unstable. I do exactly what Greg said - jack stands where I need them then just a little pressure on the jack to serve as a 3rd support point.

Sorry again and pass along our thoughts...
    I dont think it was because of the dirt, just a matter of one or maybe both of the jack stands not being perfectly centered or something, I think he may have tipped it up onto two feet when he hauled on the CV and that was all it needed to kick out. One stand is bent a bit, but its hard to tell if it was from the truck coming down or what caused the truck to come down...

I remember 3-4 years ago me and a few buddies put a 4" suspension lift on an XJ with nothing but a highlift...she came down once on us and everyone dove for cover...it was funny at the time, 8 beers deep, but this one hit home pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    Ill grab some ditch to get a cat...
    03 Silverado ECSB - SOLD
    06 CCSB Duramax - 12 second tow pig

I just talked with him for a bit...he's doing pretty well.

His jaw is broken in two places, both cheek bones are fractured, and there is a fracture at the base of his skull, two black eyes and alot of swelling. He wont be needing surgery as far as the doctors can tell, but he will be eating a liquid diet for a while and will certainly have some high test pain killers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    Ill grab some ditch to get a cat...
    03 Silverado ECSB - SOLD
    06 CCSB Duramax - 12 second tow pig

Quote Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post

His jaw is broken in two places, both cheek bones are fractured, and there is a fracture at the base of his skull, two black eyes and alot of swelling. He wont be needing surgery as far as the doctors can tell, but he will be eating a liquid diet for a while and will certainly have some high test pain killers.
    Going by my experience. He will be on the liquid diet for 2 months? One good thing, it's an effective way to lose weight.

MidnightRider Guest
    i think he said loose dirt surface that would be my guess as to why it failed

Best wishes...

2002 RCSB 5.3 Volant intake, Magnaflow exhaust
    2/4 Drop Sitting on 24" Boss 330's.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post

at least he's talking and that's a good thing.
    keep us updated on his recovery.

reading some of you guys experiences makes me a little nervous now about going under my truck.
    i know that my wife gets nervous when i do but i've always felt pretty safe under there.
    and i have to change the oil and gas filter this weekend.
    -leo-
    2009 Silverado CC - 6.0L L76|6l80e|3.42s|4/7 drop w/ helper bags

01 silverado ecsb - (RIP 04/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    No doubt, always double secure your lift devices. I use jackstands and then put a jack under the lowest part of the truck to catch it should it somehow fall. I work on a sloped driveway so its really important to always set the ebrake and put blocks behind the tires.
    Greg your driveway is scary SLOPED!!!!Anyway ,sorry to hear bout your buddy and hope it makes it thru everything ok!
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

wow hope that he is going to be ok and makes a speedy recovery...
    I am gonna be a new Daddy...

Drive it like you live hard and fast....
    '91 rcsb, 4.3 V6, 700R4 trans swap, 4/6 drop rolling on 18's, roll pan, 2" cowl hood, electric fan, TBI injector spacer, K&N filter replacement, flowmaster muffler...

[Today 08:09 AM] ChevyLee: dale would make a awesome dad in law too

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdguy View Post
    Going by my experience. He will be on the liquid diet for 2 months? One good thing, it's an effective way to lose weight.
    Oh yeah....I was on a liquid diet for about a month after I had surgery on my jaw. I dropped 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks.

2006 GTO M6 Brazen Orange
    2006 Silverado CCSB Duramax

+ Reply to Thread