+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G-tech

ok, i got the G-tech Pro. and here in Denton, i have 2 perfectly strait/flat roads (one about 1/2 mile long, the other like 2 miles ) anyways, my best time was 16.57 @ 89 mph my question is, do those numbers match up or if not, based on my mph, what should my time be?? the mph is right cause i checked it when it flashed. i cant launch for crap, so that may be whats up. i plan on going to the track after work friday, so i will know for sure. But feedback from here would be a big help, too. Thanks!
    http://students.csci.unt.edu/~wwb0002/Pics/truck1.jpg

Current:
    -- 8mm wires -- Air-Raid Intake Box/Filter -- Air-Raid Intake Tube -- Stage 2 ported TB

Future:
    -- AS&M Headers --> 3" X-Pipe --> 2 Race Bullet Mufflers
    -- Cam 216-220-525-532-114
    -- Tuning

Is it the new competition model? I know the old pro model only had one or two accelerometers and was very sensitive to levelness. Not only the road but mounted as well. Make a couple passes each way and average them.
    '02 1500HD, 6.0L, magnacharger, 2000stall, custom magnaflow with electric cutout, E-fans, Nelson custom tune, Auburn LSD.
    '79 L82 vette, Summit 355, Dart Pro1 heads, Comp 274 cam, Holley TBI, Built TH350 with 2500stall
    '93 Blazer, full size 2dr 4x4, new project.....

well for one your stock tires gotta go, you need wider ones.
    when i have the stock tires on mine, if I barely press the gas it lights them up. I even get a scratch shifting into 4th. no lie
    second thing to do is tell me what rear end you have. 3.73 are good, some say 4.10's are good but I say you run out of motor with 4.10's on the 1/4.
    CIA is a good investment.
    as well as electric fans, you only gain 3-4 hp with these.
    a good edit tune.
    and now the kicker a well built transmission with no Torquemanagement and a stall.
    there are a few other things to do but if you want your truck to be quick, you must be prepared to spend some money.
    I can tell you this, I have around 10,000 in the truck, and thats just an estimate.
    I know you probably think thats a crap load of money, but hey the truck is pretty quick, and I havnt even begone to spend money on breaking into the motor.
    that is coming soon tho
    but that should get you started

1999 Pewter Z28
    Sold - 2001 Onyx Black Silverado Stepside "Thunder"

Well, hopefuly i will have some ET streets coming my way here soon, maybe i can get that 60' time down and hit 15's @ at least 90. Air box is coming in Monday.

Current:
    -- 8mm wires -- Air-Raid Intake Box/Filter -- Air-Raid Intake Tube -- Stage 2 ported TB

Future:
    -- Tuning

I run mid 14's @ 90mph

1999 Pewter Z28
    Sold - 2001 Onyx Black Silverado Stepside "Thunder"

ill settle for that, but i need to test this g-tech out first so i can tell....if its wrong, then i guess ill sell it to some ricer boy for $200

RICER BOY

Current:

Future:
    -- Tuning

+ Reply to Thread