+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen Kit

ff_jeff Guest

Hydrogen Kit

For the past month I have been building and testing A hydrogen generator. After Lots of ups and downs I have finally finished. I researched different types of generators, and different methods of building. I picked a ''style'' and decided to invest some cash and build it. There were allot of hard to find parts, but I was able to get it done. The only thing left to do is drive it and see how much of a difference it will make. It produces Hydrogen well enough to Light the bubbles in a bottle and make a pop similar to a black cat firecracker. Until I can get a interceptor gauge, I will be setting the trip odometer and going by 1/2 tank intervals. I'm expecting a 15%-30% increase in gas mileage, but even if its only a 10% I will still think its worth the investment. I get about 16-18mpg now so that's roughly 2mpg at worst. If it produces Hydrogen like I built it to, I should see 25-30mpg. only time will tell. I will dyno test it in a week or so to see if there is any hp increase. I don't think there will be but who knows. P.S.--- if any one wants to let me barrow their interceptor, After I get my Data I will mail it back, or make a deal and build you a kit for the gauge. Cost me about $275 to build after all parts and special tools were bought.
    Last edited by ff_jeff; 07-13-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    For the past month I have been building and testing A hydrogen generator. After Lots of ups and downs I have finally finished. I researched different types of generators, and different methods of building. I picked a ''style'' and decided to invest some cash and build it. There were allot of hard to find parts, but I was able to get it done. The only thing left to do is drive it and see how much of a difference it will make. It produces Hydrogen well enough to Light the bubbles in a bottle and make a pop similar to a black cat firecracker. Until I can get a interceptor gauge, I will be setting the trip odometer and going by 1/2 tank intervals. I'm expecting a 15%-30% increase in gas mileage, but even if its only a 10% I will still think its worth the investment. I get about 16-18mpg now so that's roughly 2mpg at worst. If it produces Hydrogen like I built it to, I should see 25-30mpg. only time will tell. I will dyno test it in a week or so to see if there is any hp increase. I don't think there will be but who knows. P.S.--- if any one wants to let me barrow their interceptor, After I get my Data I will mail it back, or make a deal and build you a kit for the gauge. Cost me about $275 to build after all parts and special tools were bought.
    Make sure you get all kinds of results and post them up..
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

cool man hope you took soome pics along the way to share as well... will be interested to see how it works out...
    I am gonna be a new Daddy...

Drive it like you live hard and fast....
    '91 rcsb, 4.3 V6, 700R4 trans swap, 4/6 drop rolling on 18's, roll pan, 2" cowl hood, electric fan, TBI injector spacer, K&N filter replacement, flowmaster muffler...

[Today 08:09 AM] ChevyLee: dale would make a awesome dad in law too

yeah ive seen advertisement on stuff like this...interested so see real-life results though!!

cant wait :excited:
    ↓↓↓click pic to go to garage↓↓↓

408, WCCHL92s, nelson tune,4L80e 3600 Circle D,
    Intro Radicalli's

Slimsilverado Guest
    I have been thinking about this also. Please post results asap..

I will be watching this as well. Keep us updated. I would pay you just to built me one.

Simply the best turbo kit for late model GM trucks.

Custom fabrication to fit your budget and needs.
    Dealers for Precision, Comp. & Magnum turbos.

Online Store
    [/CENTER]

Jeff, get some pics up asap, an use a good camera this sounds cool

ff_jeff Guest
    here are some pics... first is the Hydrogen cell>>> here is the steam filter, and bubbler>>> here is the gauge I put in my pod>>> pics of moisture filter and main line>>> another switch next to the N20 switches>>> So far the only difference I have noticed is the engine tone is quieter. its not as crackly as before, and it seems to be running better all arround.

I dont see a flash arrestor.....Yea I have been building one also, only thing is I have about $75 into it. I havent put it on my car yet but it is pumping out about 4 liters per minute of hydrogen.

Good luck!!
    01' 2500HD 4X4
    6.0L 4l80E
    stock....
    -Chris

ff_jeff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 85mudblazin View Post
    I dont see a flash arrestor.....Yea I have been building one also, only thing is I have about $75 into it. I havent put it on my car yet but it is pumping out about 4 liters per minute of hydrogen.

Good luck!!
    The bubbler is the safety. 4 liters a minute is ALLOT. how big is your generator?
    You sure its not 4 liters per hour? Also you have to have a balance between output and longevity. Some of the bigger cells make more HHO, but they tend to boil the water and just steam after a short period. You probably did the cheaper mason jar one. they work, but they don't produce 4 liters a minute. more like 2 per hour. And they dont last as long. And they boil the water. 4 liters a minute can be heard like a hiss. We only admin 3 liters per minute or so for o2 patients via Nasal cannula (the nose one). I built this one with hi grade durable stuff. With safety, and longevity in mind. Hence the higher cost.

+ Reply to Thread