+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahoe is FINALLY Getting Paint

Tahoe is FINALLY Getting Paint

I broke down and dropped the Tahoe off yesterday to get it repainted. The clear coat had just totally peeled off in a lot of places and whoever did body work on it before did a terrible job. I'm going to have the body work re-done and fix some of the dings on it.
    I decided to keep it relatively stock looking since this is my DD. Although, I'm going to shave the emblems, have the front bumper cap painted, the rear bumper painted, Street Scene vent caps painted to match and I'm going to have the running boards painted, sort of like the Denali's. I almost totally ditched the running boards, but since I decided against lowering it much (2" drop in the rear to come) I thought they would look alright. The girlfriend appreciates them too.

Here are a few before pics. They actually make it look not too bad, but keep in mind these were taken about a year ago and the clear coat problem has gotten MUCH worse. It has now spread to the roof and doors as well.

Since these pics were taken, I've added color matched handles with billet handles, a speed grill, billet bowtie, and clear corners. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress, as well as snap a few pics.
    '89 RC Step-Side - 383 Stroker, Belltech 2/4 drop, Escalade Nose

'02 Tahoe - 22' Rims and a Custom A/V System

My friends hood was doing that on his z71 as well as on his roof. Doing all that color matching is really going to set it off. You should buy some clear turn signal lights to get the amber out of them like I have on mine
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Thanks! I have some on there already, I just don't have a more updated picture with them on.

Man your gonna get hit with a foul ball with your SUV parked that close and on that side of the field. MMMMMMOOOOOOO!
    30' Ford Model A Tudor Sedan - Custom chassis - Big bore LS2 - twin B76's - Glide - 9" w/ 3.07 gears - 30" DR tire - 2k lbs cruiser

I know, I have to start parking in the "no ding zone." I'll probably go back to parking in the player lot now. If someone hits a ball that far, they deserve to hit my ride!

Slimsilverado Guest
    Good luck on the tahoe richard..

Were you getting it painted at? Thats terrible the clear started doing that..

A friend of Brian's (Slimsilverdo) is doing it. He works on the side out of a shop in Round Rock. Not far from where you live actually, off of CR 172.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tap View Post
    A friend of Brian's (Slimsilverdo) is doing it. He works on the side out of a shop in Round Rock. Not far from where you live actually, off of CR 172.
    Is soukie doing the paint work? Is this the truck you see on 79 all the time...

Yeah he is, and yes, that is the truck I see on 79. Looks good man! If you pass by the ballpark today, you'll see my '89 parked out front since I'm having to drive that while the other is in the shop. Damn I need to fix that A/C compressor....HOT!!!!!!
    Last edited by Big Tap; 06-18-2008 at 01:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread