+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: headlights!!!!!

thanks alot man! will do right away...yeah id really like to get all the lights(low and high) and fogs to stay on. that would look badass.
    02' silverado ext. cb 2wd , 5.3 liter 325c.i. LM7, ported and polished throttlebody with bypass, Jannetty Racing 87 octane dyno tune, cold air intake with custom ram air, Heavy duty built 4l60e with vette servo, Z-pac clutches, "The Beast" Sunshell, transgo shift kit, yukon 4.10 gears with true trac, custom exhaust with Moroso Spiralflow, no cats, MSD 8.5 race wires, NGK TR55's
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Damn dude, take it easy on yourself during personal wacky time lol.
    Sometimes it can get out of hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Satan just called - hell froze over.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I take it like a virgin on prom night... I'm not happy, it hurts, but at the same time, I'm too drunk to care.

Mods...this should be a sticky!
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Good idea.

This was the first and only mod done so far to my 07 CC truck.
    Last edited by RedHeartbeat; 05-05-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

well ran into a little speed bump.... got pulled over for my tint and now owe the pristine sheriff's office of lincoln parish 142 dollars so after i deal with that i will post up pics of the mod!!

2004 gmc sierra No more
    New 2008 Chevy Silverado!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by trx2stroke4life39 View Post
    Everything runs from the low beam fuse. The low beam fuse has 4 pins, labeled with numbers. Take the 85 pin and run the diode with the bottle cap pointing toward the highbeam fuse 85 pin. You have to pull out the fuse and look at the numbers to make sure you're getting the right one.
    Great post!! Thanks for taking the time to sort this out then post it with pics! By the way, did you beat that tint ticket?
    Just for info, the components you're calling fuses are actually relays. And on your drawing, where you have pin "84" is actually pin "30". Pins 85 and 86 are the relay coil pins. 30 and 87 are the switched pins. The "bottle cap" end of the diode, i.e., the striped end, is the "cathode". The un-stripped end is the "anode". Current flows from negative-cathode end to positive-anode end of the diode.
    Once again - great job!!

this works! did it today on 2 trucks here at the shop. thanks for the info. saves the purchase of the painless relay kit.........
    2005 crew cab, new crate lq9 with comp 212/218, 558/563 on 115 cam, 80mm t.b. coated long tubes, off road y, flowmaster cat back, dynomax bullet, ngk plugs, msd wires, k&n cold air kit, 4.10 gears, auburn pro lsd, transgo shift kit, nelson drive tune, trailblazer i-6 torque convertor, anzo lamps, ss front bumper, z71 tahoe rear bumper, debadged, kenwood touchscreen with headrest monitors, JL components, coaxials, sub, 5ch amp. bell tech 2/4 drop. 22x10 ss wheels with 285/35/22 bfgs.

what all year trucks does this work on??

i dont know how much $ yall got in the diodes and all the time but stylin concepts sells a relay that does the exact same thing for $25. and is very easy just connect three wires!

Quote Originally Posted by cannonman009 View Post
    what all year trucks does this work on??
    The first setup works for 2003 to 2007 trucks and suvs that have the same wiring 2007.5 and up not sure I haven't seen what there relay set up is like.

The second set up is for 1999-2002 trucks and suvs that have the same wiring this will also work on 89-98 also if i remember correctly.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

Quote Originally Posted by AWDTerror View Post
    i dont know how much $ yall got in the diodes and all the time but stylin concepts sells a relay that does the exact same thing for $25. and is very easy just connect three wires!
    The diodes are .99 each so depending on how many you buy it not more a few dollars.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

+ Reply to Thread