+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: headlights!!!!!

What setup would you recommend for HID's? I have Silverstar Ultras now would those be compatible and work ok and how much difference is there? There was an '08 GMC behind me the other day with his HID's on, yeah it looked pretty nice
    '04 Hemi QC - H/C/I/bolt-ons/tune - Sold

'70 C10 SWB Stepside - LQ4/4L65E

dude ebay has some kits for like 45 dollars but then shipping is 50 bucks!!! or you could go with the real xenon hid kit for bout 245 dollars!!!

2004 gmc sierra No more
    New 2008 Chevy Silverado!!!

What i use are Apexcone/DDM Premium Slimline HID Kit (35 watts)for my low beams and fog lights, and
    Apexcone Premium Race HID Kit (55 watts, full-size) for my high beams
    I paid 130 each for the low and fog and 160 for the highs. the place i got mine also offer a lifetime Warranty for a extra 25.
    if you want the website pm me am not sure if a can post the website or not.
    Also I went with 4500K bulbs because they put out the most lights and they are not blue.
    Last edited by trx2stroke4life39; 05-01-2008 at 07:21 AM.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

I have an 03 Chevy and would like to do this mod. I tried it earlier today with the 4004 diodes and it did not work. Plus where did you find them this long in the photo?

For length I can't remember exactly sure, you can always extend the wires with a crimp connection and another wire if needed, not for them not working the only reason I can think of is the diode is facing the wrong direction. If you have a volt meter check the diodes to see what ay they flow. When you go to install them make sure the current flows from the high beam relay to the low/fog/daytime running or as many you are doing.
    Hope this helps.

the different numbers for the diodes manly represent different lengths, and I don't remember which ones I used.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

How much of the wire of the diode are you striping at each end?
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

Well I only want to to the lows and fogs. So when the lows come on the fogs come on.

Quote Originally Posted by riddick1224 View Post
    Well I only want to to the lows and fogs. So when the lows come on the fogs come on.
    then instead of running from the high beam relay to the fogs run. run from the low beam to the fog light relay.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

id like to know this setup for 99-02 please. would be very helpful, thanks
    02' silverado ext. cb 2wd , 5.3 liter 325c.i. LM7, ported and polished throttlebody with bypass, Jannetty Racing 87 octane dyno tune, cold air intake with custom ram air, Heavy duty built 4l60e with vette servo, Z-pac clutches, "The Beast" Sunshell, transgo shift kit, yukon 4.10 gears with true trac, custom exhaust with Moroso Spiralflow, no cats, MSD 8.5 race wires, NGK TR55's
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Damn dude, take it easy on yourself during personal wacky time lol.
    Sometimes it can get out of hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Satan just called - hell froze over.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I take it like a virgin on prom night... I'm not happy, it hurts, but at the same time, I'm too drunk to care.

Now to do the all o mod for a 99-02 truck its a bit different than for the newer body style trucks.

First you will need a splice connector. the kind that allows you to splice into a wire with out have to cut or strip the wire.

Second you will need a piece of light gauge wire. I used 18 because it is what I had.

Now the actual work begins.
    First open the hood and pull the drive side light out.

Second look at the plug and wires that plug into the low beam light. My wires were yellow and orange

Third take the splice connector and the wire and spice into the yellow wire.(this is the one I used on my truck should be the same but it may not)

Forth cut the wire you added to about a foot and a half and find a good ground. (I used the bolt for the corner radiator support)

Fifth reinstall the light

Six In joy

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My fogs are on because I added them and ran a separate switch. And I am not sure how to add the fog lights into this setup. If anyone is willing to try it should work on the same principle as the headlights need to ground out one side. Because when the highbeams are activated it cuts the ground to the lights. If anyone trys the fogs please let me know if it works. I will post a pic of my truck later tonight with the hids and all on mod.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

+ Reply to Thread