+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rims

Rims

Ok, I wasn't sure if i should post this in Mechanical or Appearance but here goes. I'm running a heavily modded 1996 K1500. Stock tires and rims are never going to cut it. I am looking for someone that can tell me the absolute largest tire and rim combo i can run without hurting the appearance of the vehicle too much. I'm not going to tub this truck either so that is not an option. I still want to maintain the 4X4 height as best i can. It's hard for someone to miss the rumble but I'd rather it not stick out like a sore thumb if you know what i mean. Stock tires and rims are 6 lug 16's with 265-75R16.

Also, has anyone come up with a decent looking SFI approved racing wheel other than 15"? I'll use 15's if they fit over my brakes but if not i have to find something 16" or larger.

Let me know your thoughts...

i think everyone on here will agree with me, when you call them "rims" its kinda like finger nails down a chalk board the correct term is wheels
    2004 Chevy Tahoe, 5.3L bifuel, runs on both gas and propane.

we need to know a little more, is it stock ride hight? are you wanting street tires, at's, m/t's. Is this a DD or a weekender?
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Quote Originally Posted by rlmclaughlin View Post
    i think everyone on here will agree with me, when you call them "rims" its kinda like finger nails down a chalk board the correct term is wheels
    Does that go along with when people call an engine a motor? Motors are electric powered, engines are not.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

put some 305/50/20 on the rear and 285 45 20 up front
    Just looked at your dyno numbers you need some rubber for all that power.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Sure do, I'm running stock height, don't want to raise it up and become any more unstable.

Those dyno numbers are with 14psi, we're running 16 on pump gas and 22 on race fuel.

This vehicle is a weekender and weekend racer and only in the summer, its stored winters. I'm looking at something like the Mickey Thompson Street Radials.

+ Reply to Thread