+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 4.3 to 5.7

anyone got any ideas about the wiring harness? im wantin to get the 5.3 but im afraid to without knowing if i can get it to hook up to my 5spd without having to get a custom harness

If the harness is out of an 03-06, you will not need a custom harness, but you will need to have your computer flashed for the V8. And to have the auto transmission programming removed.
    You might think you could just use the computer that came with this motor, but that will not work because of the theft deterrent system. The vehicle vin number is programmed into the Body Control Module and must match the PCM. So it's easier to just have your computer flashed with these changes.
    Just be sure to tape up the end of the cable with the autotrans connector on it and tie it up out of the way.
    A 99-02 harness will not work because of pin out differences in the computer connectors---so not recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by ljerni View Post
    If the harness is out of an 03-06, you will not need a custom harness, but you will need to have your computer flashed for the V8. And to have the auto transmission programming removed.
    You might think you could just use the computer that came with this motor, but that will not work because of the theft deterrent system. The vehicle vin number is programmed into the Body Control Module and must match the PCM. So it's easier to just have your computer flashed with these changes.
    Just be sure to tape up the end of the cable with the autotrans connector on it and tie it up out of the way.
    A 99-02 harness will not work because of pin out differences in the computer connectors---so not recommended.

what about the whole dbw thing on using a 03-06 harness? can i still use the 03 to 06 harness and just use the dbc intake and throttle body?

yeah, but you'll have to get it converted for the DBCable setup.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

the pcm converted?

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher88 View Post
    the pcm converted?
    the throttle body.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

oh yea i knew that. what i had talked to the junk yard about was takin the stuff off the dbw engine and tradein it for the dbc stuff they said that would be ok, but someone said they didnt think i could use the wring harness and just not plug up the dbw connector.

don't you just remove the DBW wiring from the harness?
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread