+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck took a **** on me..

Truck took a **** on me..

Well I was going back to boerne today and was going the back way, 290 to 165 through blanco and such. Truck started sputtering and acting like it was missing/out of gas. No SES light came on, but it just was running like ass. Stayed out there on th eside of the road waiting for my dad to come tow my ass home. Tomorrow im hooking the gm techII tool up to it to see whats going on. Hopefully its something simple. That damn car dolly, well my trucks wheels didnt even sit in the thing for them, so that was scary towing it home. Plus my dads POS ford truck could barely tow it.

Here is a pic it for ****s and grins
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Thats sad a Ford pulling a Chevy you must of hated that!!

I bet the fuel pump or pressure regulator? Maybe a bad fuel filter. Doesn't sound computer related. Could be bad alt/bat.?
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

ff_jeff Guest
    might also be why you had a bad top end at the track.

Fuel pump?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Slimsilverado Guest
    WALBRO 255 lph, but like i told Jeff it isnt a straight drop in you gotta do a few mods, i will be happy to give u some tips if its the fuel pump, o yea and to drop the tank u need a 19mm socket and a long exstention and a impact if at all possible and try to drain as much gas out of it as possible......

I hope its not the fuel pump. How do I tell if it is the pump though, like what should the scan tool be reading at as far as psi and stuff goes..

btw if the pump is bad, would it be overkill to go ahead and put the walbro 255 pump on it, or is that overkill. Reason I ask is because I was going to have to upgrade the fuel system anyway once I put the turbo on...
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Slimsilverado Guest
    Does it run at all or just spit and spudder??? First try changing the fuel filter and put a gallon of 93 in there. If you dont have a fuel pressure guage u can get one at O'reilly or advance and hook it to ur fuel rail and watch to see if u r getting correct pressure.... should be around 50psi idle and about 58-60 at wot

does sound like a clogged fuel filter or bad pump.

hope you weren't in a hurry to get anywhere

Slimsilverado Guest
    I have the Walbro 255lnp on my truck now. I got tired of the stock fuel pumps dying on me....

+ Reply to Thread