+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of the Condensator (a PCV canister)?

Anyone heard of the Condensator (a PCV canister)?

Anyone ever heard of the Condensator? It’s an inline filter that fits between the PCV valve and the intake manifold. Apparently others have tinkered with PVC canisters with mixed results. I have a neighbor who put a Condensator on his older Suburban a few years back. I haven’t asked about it lately but at the time he put it on he said that his tach always sat on 23 at 70 mph. Coming home after the install it was just over 20. He also said that with the AC on, when sitting at a red light, the 350 would bog down when the compressor kicked on. Now he said there was no change. It seems like he thought he got about a 2 mpg increase for his fuel economy. Here are a few links if you are interested.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has had any experience with similar products.

Latest Tales Of The Condensator

Home

http://flytheroad.com/blog/forums/topic.php?id=40

The Condensator: Just a PCV Jar? - GasSavers

:bsflag:

That will not change the gearing of the transmission or rear end.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post

That will not change the gearing of the transmission or rear end.
    Are you referring to his stating the tach ran lower for the same speed? I think the reasoning would be without burning the garbage that usually comes through, only buring the more combustable gasses, it would burn/run more efficiently, giving you the same power with less throttle but I can see your point. This guy is one of the best shade tree mechanics around. He wouldn't be fooled by hype, plus he's a school teacher with a large family, he is very careful about how he spends his money. He wouldn't drop it on something that he didn't think made sense. Do you know anyone who has used a PCV canister?

HotRodV6 Guest
    I iinstalled one of these on my truck the other day, and now im getting over 30 MPG in the city, its an awesome mod.

I dont really see how that will work to improve fuel economy, but i posted up about a hydrogen fuel cell thing that cost a cool grand and is suppose to increase MPG by atleast 50% or your money back. This is def alot cheaper, but i just dont see the logic of how it is suppose to increase gas mileage.

Unless you shorten the mile, you cannot travel the distance at a lower rpm unless you change the gearing or just simply slow down your MPH. It is simple mathematics. Visit your local math teacher or professor and ask them to explain it to you if you cannot see the logic. Just because a person teaches doesn't mean they know mathematics. It doesn't matter if you have 5% throttle or 100% throttle, the distance is the same. If time and distance remain the same and the final drive ratio are the same, the RPM will be the same. If he drove in OD in one test and 3rd in the other, the control group has been destroyed.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I put about fifty stickers on an old ford one time and it started getin like 100 mpg at 200mph and would burn the tires threw eighth gear.j/k but really Reds got a point unless that thing fixes a slippin trans too.
    96 smallblock s-10, 01 5.3 tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodV6 View Post
    I iinstalled one of these on my truck the other day, and now im getting over 30 MPG in the city, its an awesome mod.

I dont really see how that will work to improve fuel economy, but i posted up about a hydrogen fuel cell thing that cost a cool grand and is suppose to increase MPG by atleast 50% or your money back. This is def alot cheaper, but i just dont see the logic of how it is suppose to increase gas mileage.
    My understanding is that the fuel burns less efficiently because of all the contaminants that come in through the PCV valve. If the crap that doesn't burn as well is removed then that just leaves the stuff that does burn well increasing the efficiency of the burn. I'm not trying to sell the thing, just 'splaining my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Unless you shorten the mile, you cannot travel the distance at a lower rpm unless you change the gearing or just simply slow down your MPH. It is simple mathematics. Visit your local math teacher or professor and ask them to explain it to you if you cannot see the logic. Just because a person teaches doesn't mean they know mathematics. It doesn't matter if you have 5% throttle or 100% throttle, the distance is the same. If time and distance remain the same and the final drive ratio are the same, the RPM will be the same. If he drove in OD in one test and 3rd in the other, the control group has been destroyed.
    I do see your logic,that's why I said I get your point. The RPM's shouldn't change but if it worked as it claims you would require less fuel for the same RPM's because it is now burning more efficient, right?. Once again, not trying to sell the product, just trying to look at all angles. We put additives in our gas to clean it up so there seems to be a certain amount of logic to cleaning up what comes through the PCV valve. Whether it actually works or not I don't know but there seems to be some logic to it.

yeah, improved fuel mileage may be possible but not reduced engine RPM at the same cruising speed.

HotRodV6 Guest
    yeah i can see in theory how on paper this might work, but in the real world i don't thing there would be enough flow thru the PCV valve to make any real difference.

But if somebody were to send me one, id install it and post up the results, just not sure i could drop the 200 bucks to try it out.

+ Reply to Thread