+ Reply to Thread

Thread: richmond,va

richmond,va

hello everyone. i am on the a lot of the other sites too. ls1.com, ls1tech, blazinlow.com, s10forum.com. just trying to learn everything i can from everyone. i am in the process of swapping a lq4 into a 87 s10 blazer. so i have a lot questions. i have no garage. so the weather has a lot to do with the progress of this swap. i rebuilt the v6 that was in it from factory. switch to the 355 v8 with a 5 speed. lots of fun. but bad gas mileage. went to auto and 3500 stall converter. then decided to either add some dart pro1 heads and vic jr intake and a big cam. bought all the parts to do it. and then changed my mind to go with ls based engine. a friend of mine changed it for me when i rode in his 2000 ss camaro. dyno 550hp at the rear wheels. that was a bad ass car. so i switch to find a 6l and sold all the parts i had. now i had to start all over. i got the engine and wiring harness for the donor truck. thats it. got to get everything else. lol. so learning a little bit. just bear with me.

Welcome.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Welcome!!! Haha, I think it is funny that you said you were getting bad gas mileage with a 355/5-speed--then switched to and auto with a 3500 stall... I bet the mpg got worse! And it is not going to get any better once you throw a 6.0L/4L80e in there...
    Anyway, the swap shouldn't be too difficult--I am sure you can get some motor mounts for your setup online somewhere--and you might be able to get a hold of someone who can make you a custom wiring harness made. You will also need a custom tranny cross memeber as well as a custom driveshaft... I would also keep up with your Blazer/S-10 forums and see what they have done when it comes to LS motor swaps.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Welcome to the LS1truck!

Her name is A Meli-
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- MA

thanks everyone. yea with the 5 speed in it. gas mileage was better. but i wanted to see if the 1/4 time would be better. i am on the s10 and blazer sites everyday. . just hitting every based i can. lol. the driveshaft isn't cheap either.

Welcome
    2004 Silverado
    1957 Chevy truck
    1953 Ford sedan
    1924 model T 2dr hard top

finally someone who lives close to me. i'm originally from fredricksburg, but moved over to the eastern shore when i met my wife. but i drive through Richmond a few times a month. you'll know its me if you see and hear a loud black TBSS tormenting all the hemi's
    2008 Trailblazer SS LS2, K&N CAI, flowmaster 40 series, hp tuned
    2004 Trailblazer 4.2, K&N CAI, hp tuned
    2002 Camaro Z28 5.7 ls1, lid, slp loudmouth, bbk longtube headers, ory, hp tuned, tr224 cam, ported 243 heads, moser 12 bolt w/ 3.73's and full spool, and a 100 shot just in case. 463whp, 458 wtq 11.32@ 120 1.52 60' on motor no spray times yet

Welcome from Virginia Beach

I did a whole build on my 93 (383 Stroker + Tremec) in November, then went for a ride in a TurboMic's RST... well, Now I own one. Good luck w/ the swap.

2005 RCSB
    4.8 / T76 Front Mount, Cooled, H20 Meth, Nelson Tune
    4L80E w/ Neslon Harness, 3500 stall, 4" Aluminum Shaft, Tru-Trac
    Cal-Tracs

Welcome to the site....feel free to ask questions
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

+ Reply to Thread