+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to 4L60E to 4L80E trans swap

hmm, pretty funny guys.

now add this.....a YEHAAAA button

http://www.rosslertrans.com/4l80e%20trans%20brake.htm

but a serious question.....i have my full build up done for my 4L70E to a 4L80E swap built to the hilt with the transbrake in a Trailblazer SS.....

now the question any idea or suggestion for the tune segment swap from the 70 OS to the 80 OS in a E40 ECM/TCM setup....

FANTASTIC HOW TO - farmtruc....huge bump
    Last edited by freemaSSon; 12-05-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    "old age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition"
    author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
    now add this.....a YEHAAAA button
    the tune segment swap from the 70 OS to the 80 OS in a E40 ECM/TCM setup....

FANTASTIC HOW TO - farmtruc....huge bump

That is going to be a tough one. Most of the HD trucks that have the new style pcm have a 6L80e, I may be wrong, but most of them are. I'm not sure GM made an 80e with the E pcm.

thanks,
    allen

Very nice write up .
    Is it hard to do a trans segment swap in the tune ?
    Now what is a tune again?

Comp Cam 54-412-11 , Int:265, 212, .522 , Exh: 271, 218, .529 , LSA 114 , Longtube , CAI (Vararam) , TransGo HD2 shift kit , tuned by me with EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by use2bfo View Post
    Very nice write up .
    Is it hard to do a trans segment swap in the tune ?
    Not if you have two operation systems that have the same version.

I'm not programmer, just a tuner, but I do know you have to have the right tools. I'm pretty sure you can't pull an 80e segment from an older pcm and put it in a newer e40 vcm.

are u sure u didnt write this up just for me? ive been through 5 or those crappy 60e's this article was a godsend. thank u farmtruc. great job!
    02' silverado ext. cb 2wd , 5.3 liter 325c.i. LM7, ported and polished throttlebody with bypass, Jannetty Racing 87 octane dyno tune, cold air intake with custom ram air, Heavy duty built 4l60e with vette servo, Z-pac clutches, "The Beast" Sunshell, transgo shift kit, yukon 4.10 gears with true trac, custom exhaust with Moroso Spiralflow, no cats, MSD 8.5 race wires, NGK TR55's
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Damn dude, take it easy on yourself during personal wacky time lol.
    Sometimes it can get out of hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Satan just called - hell froze over.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I take it like a virgin on prom night... I'm not happy, it hurts, but at the same time, I'm too drunk to care.

Quote Originally Posted by duckysbht View Post
    Awesome write up! This is definately going to help me when it comes time for me to do the same swap! I guess this cant be done laying on your back though/on jack stands... haha
    Everything that I have done to my truck including the 80e swap has been in my garage with no lift. Just a big jack and jackstands, it can be done and its really not that bad, although a lift would be nice.
    2007 CCSB Z71 VortecMax: Stock!

Nice write up!!

Just an update.

I added a 6qt capacity transmission pan, whoopti dooo, lol.

I actually wanted to post this incase anyone had the same issue.
    From the day I installed the transmissoin and the truck was drivable, the converter was doing wierd things. The trans would shift just fine, then the converter would lock up after fourth just like its supposed to. BUT, when I would come to a stop, the converter wouldn't unlock until a 1st gear downshift. This was very annoying and you can imagine how loaded the trans and truck was when trying to accelerate about 30mph, after slowing down.
    I tried several calibrations, tons of tuning and couldn't fix it. Chuck suggested I replace the TCC solenoid, I did and now it works. It seems the TCC sol. can lock and work half ass, but not unlock.

I just wanted to post this, it may help someone out in the future.

NOW, the trans and converter are working together great and the truck is awesome!

later,
    allen

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Just an update.

I added a 6qt capacity transmission pan, whoopti dooo, lol.

I actually wanted to post this incase anyone had the same issue.
    From the day I installed the transmissoin and the truck was drivable, the converter was doing wierd things. The trans would shift just fine, then the converter would lock up after fourth just like its supposed to. BUT, when I would come to a stop, the converter wouldn't unlock until a 1st gear downshift. This was very annoying and you can imagine how loaded the trans and truck was when trying to accelerate about 30mph, after slowing down.
    I tried several calibrations, tons of tuning and couldn't fix it. Chuck suggested I replace the TCC solenoid, I did and now it works. It seems the TCC sol. can lock and work half ass, but not unlock.

I just wanted to post this, it may help someone out in the future.

NOW, the trans and converter are working together great and the truck is awesome!

later,
    allen
    great to hear man, that is such a sweet truck
    1996 gmc ext cab short bed
    6.6L 4l80e
    MY GARAGE

+ Reply to Thread