+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The real deal from FLT

The real deal from FLT

First off I would like to let you guy's know that we are running a free shipping special on all new transmissions.

I would like to show you what makes FLT one of the best on the market. We put more in our transmissions then most do and spend money were others save it for themselves. There is no cutting corners when it comes to our customers. You deserve it and it is that simple.
    1. All transmissions come Dyno tested. Here is the real world photo of the machine we use. This insures us that when you get them they work. No excuses. 100% satisfaction guarantee.

2. All units come complete as a bolt in application. These units are shipped with a bell and tail. As you can see in this photo they are literally new. All you need to do is install them. No BS for the installer to do other than put it in. We feel you pay for 100% of a transmission and that is exactly what we give you.

3. No need to swap tail housings and have to put a new bushing and seals in it. It's ready to go and already installed. Some companies do not supply you with this because it only cost them more money. We feel that all new transmissions require it and you as the customer deserve it.

4. All units come with the correct bell housing installed. Not making the installer do it. These bolts that hold this bell on can be very difficult to get out and often strip out. Once again giving you 100% of the transmission and not worried about saving money for ourselves on parts.

5. All units come with the proper cooler fittings. As you can see they are new. Old fittings can leak and cause your new trans to fail due to lack of oil. Once again giving the installer 100% of the transmission.

6. All units come with the proper linkage shafts in them. I get calls all the time from guy's that buy rebuilt units with the wrong ones installed. Their shifters do not line up properly or will not work at all.

7. All units come with valve bodies that have been fully disassemble and checked for proper tolerances. It's the only way to do it in my opinion. These valve bodies come with the trans go hd-2 kit installed. Not a low budget in house kit that costs a couple dollars. We spend money on our units and give it right back to you.

8. All units come with new solenoids and internal harnesses installed on the valve body. Old electronics could be the reason why the last trans failed. We like to eliminate the chance of failure. Once again giving you more for your money.

9. All units come with new clutches and bands. Not just what came out of the core that we built for you. Most companies reuse these.

10. All transmissions come with newly refreshed pumps. Surfaced machined with new internal components and new oversize pressure regulator valves. We do this to eliminate all cross leaks greatly reducing transmission failures.

11. All units come with new upgraded FLT beast sun shells. This is not a normal beast shell in our level 4 and 5 builds. It comes with a bearing and sleeve for added quality/strength.

12. All units come with new wide bushing were available. This gives your transmission added strength and support.

There are many more things that we do. Take a look at our build sheets and compare them to the competition when purchasing a unit. There is a lot of marketing scams out there that make things look better then they really are. At FLT we fully go through your unit and do not cut corners in order to save us money. I personally guarantee it. Look at it like food. Why have peanut butter and jelly when you can have prime rib. Vince
    Click here to see pic's from FLT FLT takes the wow factor!!! Lot of Pics - LS1TECH

Here are a couple video clips I put together for you guy's to see our Dyno in action. This trans is one of our level 5 4l60E transmissions. With the use of this machine it allows us to give you the quality you deserve. It really is a quality control/research and development tool that we use to insure that when you get your transmission it works. These are pulls at different amounts of pressure.
    The first one is at a 125psi.

This is a pull at 150psi.

This is a pull at 185psi.

This pull is at max pressure.

what a cool dyno
    1996 gmc ext cab short bed
    6.6L 4l80e
    MY GARAGE

This is a good question that was asked by a member on LS1 tech. Thought I could add it to the thread to give you guy's a better understanding of the video above. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaseymec View Post
    Whats the constant for the test? Do you keep the same input level to the trans (load) and vary the pressure, looking for a weak spot? What is the load on the 125 psi pull? That is a vey nice piece of equipment. Makes my mouth water!
    Mec
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT View Post
    There is a load devise that is attached to the output shaft. With this we can simulate different driving conditions. It basically has a huge rotor with a magnetic devise that increases or decreases the load depending on where we have it set. For the input depending on how many rpms you decide to shift it at would be the input load. The audio in the video does not really do justice for what I can hear with this machine. It is much quieter than other machines that I have operated. When the trans shift you can hear the parts in the unit doing there thing. This allows us to keep the quality control very high. Also In past years I have operated gas dynos. They are very noisy and you really can not here the internals of the transmission like the electric Dyno that FLT owns. Some days I love this machine and others I would like to take sledge hammer to it when chasing a noise. But the idea for it is to test and sometimes we do go after an issue until it meets our standards. We are also looking at the pressures with this machine. Making sure at different duty cycles (pressure swings) the pressure is correct for the application and also that the pressure maintains it's psi during the shifts correctly. With that being said we are also looking at cooler flow and cooler pressure. These pressures are very important for the life of the transmission. With the use of the input and output gauges we can monitor if the transmission has slippage. Depending on the stall of the converter we will see different numbers. Along with that we can check for the lockup function of the TCC. This is usually tested in 3rd gear when the transmissions internals in theory are turning 1 to 1. With the lock up applied the output reading should be the same as the input and in most cases the output is a couple rpms higher. Hope that this has answered your question or has given you a better understanding of what we do. Vince

Just a heads up the sale ended today. Vince

Figured I would bump this up for those of you that might have missed it. When looking for a quality transmission these are some of the things you need to look for. Ask any company that you are considering what is going into their units. Compare the products. Price and other free items such as shipping and cores are just being offered because the product is suffering in my opinion. Meaning they are not giving you more for your money with the transmission. Just other things to make it appear that they are. Keep a clear mind and make sure what you are purchasing is all it can be. Not just marketed to look better. I see others products every day when tearing down cores. Most do not put half of the money that we do into their units and charge the same price. Think about it, what are you really getting? Also look to see how often they are running a sale. It looks desperate in my eyes and obviously the sale is there to produce some work because sales are down. Where does that leave the product? We do not give our stuff away and that should tell you something. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Shop wisely! Vince
    Last edited by Vince_B; 12-23-2007 at 03:36 PM.

HotRodV6 Guest
    truer words have never been spoken.....or typed...LOL

Alot of people will go with a cheaper build, and have to replace it several times before they wise up and then they have spent twice ot three tims the money as they would have if they jsut get the best the first time.

+ Reply to Thread