+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to buy......

Getting ready to buy......

A 5.3 for $300.00 it comes with everything but the coils ,fuel rail and injectors. I wanted to know what would be the best way to go about setting the fuel rails and injectors?

are you needing fuel rails and injectors? if so i have a new set of injectors and some used fuel rails, if ya need them ...

Just picked it up my 5.3 today at lunch. Got off work start to tear it down, Wow sludge every where. I'm glad I'm doing a rebuild. What would be best to clean that all out?

Take it to an engine shop and have them bake it. It will burn all that crap out. Afterwards have them line bore the crankshaft bores and bore the cylinders out since that will guaranty you have a good block to start with. Baking the engine to degrease is about the only way to get rid of the sludge/parifin buildup.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thanks I'll have to look into getting that done.

here it is.

and the sludge

That's why I never use Pennzoil or Quaker State motor oil.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Could you tell how to remove the crank pulley? I haven't had a problem with Pennzoil, but a similar problem with Quaker State.

Looked over the internals the other night. I got rod bearings stuck on the crankshaft and come to find out this engine is a 4.8 not a 5.3 . Oh well it's a GenIII motor so just lost some torque.

Dude don't waste your money on the 4.8 it just isn't worth it.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

+ Reply to Thread