+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results for 04 Silverado

Last edited by BSridenguy; 11-04-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    2004 4.8l 6 speed manual 2wd
    Looks: 22" foose rims with Fierce tires, SS front bumper, SS Front Grill, 2/3 lowering kit.
    Performance: Volant Intake, 3" exaust with Spintech muffler, Pacesetter LT's with Y pipe, TR cam 220/220 .551 112 lsa, T56 Tranny with the Keisler short Shift kit and LS7 Clutch, Quicktime Scatter Shield, ASP Underdrive pulley kit, Dyno tune by Rick at Synergy Motorsports
    Soon to Come:Eaton locker, Electric Fans..Does it ever End?

Driver Side Cat

Passenger Side Cat

Into The Y Pipe

Through a Spintech Loud Series Muffler
    Last edited by BSridenguy; 11-04-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    Looks: 22" foose rims with Fierce tires, SS front bumper, SS Front Grill, 2/3 lowering kit.
    Performance: Volant Intake, 3" exaust with Spintech muffler, Pacesetter LT's with Y pipe, TR cam 220/220 .551 112 lsa, T56 Tranny with the Keisler short Shift kit and LS7 Clutch, Quicktime Scatter Shield, ASP Underdrive pulley kit, Dyno tune by Rick at Synergy Motorsports

So heres the pics of my Exaust, Finally got them up.

thanks man, that looks good
    2003 silverado z71 rcsb 5.3 4L60E k&n intake system, gibson super truck exhaust, pcmforless tune, custom alpine stereo, hellwig sway bars fromt and rear, 3in drop in the front 4 in out back, powerslots f & r hawk pads. truck was intended to autocross, tow and bring the trophies home......

Quick question that was wheel horsepower right??? On the dyno sheet it says flywheel power ? ??? or is that just something to do with the dyno itself?

Thats the way its setup, it just says that, i don't know why, the guy who dyno'd it told me it's just on there for some reason, and explained it, but i was like ok, whatever. and asked him so that's rear wheel horsepower, and he said ya..... Technically its not RWHP, because he takes my tires off and the dyno he uses bolts directly to the rear axle itself, in place of the tires..... So subtract about 20-30 horsepower for the 22's.
    Last edited by BSridenguy; 11-06-2007 at 11:49 PM.

OH ok, reason i ask is cause the only place to get my truck on a one is the same kind its at Agile Automotive Performance - Vendor Links it is one of the portalbles that bolts as well . still seems pretty good power

Quote Originally Posted by dropt4by View Post
    just dynoed the 03 about 2 weeks ago and was shocked, 275rwhp and 421ftlbs , need to increase the hp some. longtubes make that much of a diff. for 1300 dollars?
    please tell me the 421 lbtq is a typo!!!! or what in the world have you done to it to get that kind of torgue but with so little horsepower..
    03 ECSB 5.3 N/A, bolt ons, cam, PRC stage 2.5 heads, 8.1 injectors, 2400stall, lakewood traction bars, G80 3.73s, elec fans, Fram boost intake, HPtuners by Ben Sundling, DMH cutout.

Best 1/8: 8.786 (at 5060lbs)
    Best 1/4: 14.00058 (at 5060lbs)

390rwhp and 366rwtq (dynojet dyno)

is it proven that there is a noticeable difference in horse power and or torque between and auto or a stick ive always wondered that since all ive owned is a stick i supposed they would be the same just pick up at different time depending on how many and what size gears? Stupid question but i was wondering so... gota ask to learn

Quote Originally Posted by BSridenguy View Post
    So, Today i went and had my truck dyno tuned. I currently have long tube headers, a 220 551 112 cam, volant intake, and spintech muffler. My truck ended up only making about 300 hp, and 293ft/lbs of torque(stock i was told around 220hp?)To the wheels..... When the guy told me that, i was like are you sure, and he said that the reason my truck only made that much horsepower, is because my clutch is slipping bad, and so therefore he could never get a solid run. So i guess my hunt for a t-56 trans starts sooner than i had wanted it too, i was hoping to wait about 6 months but, what are u going to do. The thing that gets me is that the truck only has 29000 miles. Bummer. Once i get the new tranny in though, he said my truck should be pulling about 310-320... i like those numbers a little better.. As is though, my truck runs WAAAAYYYY better, those guys at synergy do great work, and have Wonderful customer service. Great guys to deal with, i will deffinately be going back and reccomending everybody i can. And best of all, even with my clutch slipping, my truck stays with my brothers Diesel, and pulls on him(06 duramax with edge.. an extra 100 horse) now... oooo how sweet it is. I'll post up pics of the printout tomorrow or something
    09 CREWCAB LTZ SILVERADO, 6.2, SIX SPEED, CAI,

I've always had the feeling, that if you have an automatic, and manaul, same truck same everything the auto will be faster just because they can shift faster.... BUT if you put a slush box in, instead of the regular manual tranny, then things may slide a little more toward the pendulem of the Manual, but only because each shift you can take to 5800 rpms, or wherever the governor is set at, some people think in the automatics by shifting them into 1st, then 2nd and so on is the same, but there is more slippage with the tq so in the end i would feel the manual with a slush box would win out.... In the end, manual vs... Automatic is the same, personal prefference is what it all comes down to.

+ Reply to Thread