+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crankshaft System Variation Learn Procedure

Red, I have a tuned PCM and never did the crank relearn, however my truck has no DTC's. Ive checked it with Auto Enginuity as well as a pocket scan tool. Will performing a crank re-learn waken anything up? Make any difference? The PCM is a second PCM, not my stock unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    Ill grab some ditch to get a cat...
    03 Silverado ECSB - SOLD
    06 CCSB Duramax - 12 second tow pig

It should not make any difference if you do a crank relearn on an engine with no codes. The most it might do is reset the PCM to as new installed and then it will have to relearn all functions all over again, losing you power and fuel mileage for a little while.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thanks! Good to know, I learn something new here every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff_jeff View Post
    Ill grab some ditch to get a cat...
    03 Silverado ECSB - SOLD
    06 CCSB Duramax - 12 second tow pig

It can learn itself by driving but usually the CKP relearn is needed if there are DTC's.

anyone in NW houston neeing the relearn just pm me.

in HPtuners, my tam never goes up 86 F so it never let me do the relearn procedure......anyone can help me please?

TAM? what is that? If it is the water temp, go to you local electronics store and get a variable resistor, disconnect the water temp sensor and wire it in. Turn on the scanner and see what temp it shows and then adjust it to get it to the temp you're wanting.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Yes, Temp.....but my tem sensor in the OEM gauge is OK, and in the scan also is above 185......only in the bi-controls only rise to 86F like if it is reading in C instead of F.

Radio Shack will sell what u mention?

yes, sounds like you need to configure your control settings to NON-metric scale output

it is in Imperial, not metric !!!!!

Any other place to look?

+ Reply to Thread