+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me pick the right TC for me

Hybrid View

Help me pick the right TC for me

Ok im going to be buying a stall here soon and I cant decide which to go with.
    I have heard the Yanks are great converter so I am leaning towards one of theres. The Fuddle I have heard are to loose and not as good of quality, but I dont know.

This will be going in my 4l80E. I will soon be turboed, cam, etc so I want something that will work great with future mods.

The truck WILL be used for towing about 5500lbs once a month or so.

I can brake stall my stock TC to about 2300RPM so im not sure if the truck thruster 2600HD will be much of a gain. How about the YANK SC 3000?? or would that not be very tow friendly??

Thanks for any help
    01' 2500HD 4X4
    6.0L 4l80E
    stock....
    -Chris

If you're going to turbo a 4L80e do you really need a stall? You're going to have plenty of power to start with.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I just figured a higher stall would allow me to brake stall it more allowing more boost to build up for a better launch.

My motor really doesnt start making its power to right around 3k so the faster I can get there the better right??

Or am I thinking of this wrong?

Opinions welcome
    01' 2500HD 4X4
    6.0L 4l80E
    stock....
    -Chris

I had a TCI witch was pretty but not the best converter IMO. I have a Fuddle now witch seems pretty good. The only bad part of the fuddle is #1 john is slow to make and ship, #2 was a real dick in a email after I called and spoke to a ladie there asking for a tracking number almost 4 weeks after I payed and was told it would be built and shipped in 3-4 days. #3 It looked like he sent me a used converter pulled from a junk yard. Sounds like a horror story but in the end and how ugly the converter is, It out performs my TCI and locks up right at 2700 and I can tow a 5th wheel if I like. I give the converter a 9/10, Customer service 3/10

I like precision industries TC's
    You kow he old saying you get what you pay for.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

I use the 3200HD built by Yank. Get a hold to Dave. He can steer you in the right direction. I have the 80E and this stall works great. I can still tow up to 4000lbs. If i leave at 3000 rpms no traction. The stall works great and the trans never gets hot?

Jamest
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

+ Reply to Thread