+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

Are you looking to make 322 horsepower to the wheels on a budget?

Test Vehicle: 2006 Silverado 5.3L regcab 2wd

Baseline HP: 224hp

Final HP: 322HP , 300TQ

Our test vehicle is a 2006 Silverado donated by Jacob of San Antonio, TX.

We all know how it starts, you bolt on a few simple modifications and before you know it, you have the performance bug, this Silvervado is no exception.

The first series of mods consisted of bolting on a set of Pacesetter headers, along with a 40 series Flowmaster.

The installation was soon complete with a StageII cam package from Nelson Performance. The custom grind features a healthy 220 duration and .588 lift.
    So you want a 100 extra horsepower from your Silverado, here is a list of proven components.

Pacesetter headers and ypipe: $400

Custom cam kit: $690

Performance tune: $375

Flowmaster muffler: $50

Installation will vary.

Here are the results of our performance upgrades.

Installation and dyno tuning provided by Nelson Performance, San Antonio, TX.

Very Nice info Allen! Thanks! This will help on upgrading on my 4.8 when I get it
    2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

Wow, this is a legitimate article? I thought it was just a test article again.

Nice write-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Very Nice info Allen! Thanks! This will help on upgrading on my 4.8 when I get it
    thanks, you'll notice very similar results from the 4.8L, just a tad less torque, nothing a nice converter won't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Wow, this is a legitimate article? I thought it was just a test article again.

Nice write-up!
    just a small one, but i want to cover this forum full of tech articles and write ups for all the members.

thanks,
    allen

Start with me. Do you still have my dyno pulls?

Jamest

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    thanks, you'll notice very similar results from the 4.8L, just a tad less torque, nothing a nice converter won't fix.

just a small one, but i want to cover this forum full of tech articles and write ups for all the members.

thanks,
    allen
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

cant wait to do it to mine and see those kinds of numbers
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Wow, 98 hp to the wheels with just those few mods??? Good article! Nice addition to the site. It's almost like we have our own LS1 Truck magazine...

If you could make a reasonable estimate based on the mods that are listed in my sig, what RWHP I am making?

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Keep in mind, every truck is a little different and some are just strong from the factory.

I'd guess right around 300rwhp is what your truck would lay down, anymore would surprise me, but 300hp is a lot for what you have done.

get it on the dyno and let us know,
    allen

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    Keep in mind, every truck is a little different and some are just strong from the factory.

I'd guess right around 300rwhp is what your truck would lay down, anymore would surprise me, but 300hp is a lot for what you have done.

get it on the dyno and let us know,
    allen
    Sounds about right from what I have heard from others... Yeah, I will get it on the dyno soon. I am pretty much done with the mods for the time being. But it will get heads, a Radix, and meth before the end of the year... Thanks for the reply!

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

I knew I really need to get my truck tuned when I went to the track this past weekend, and ran only a few tenths faster than a fully stock, 5.3L-powered RCSB (a buddy's stepside p-up). Once I fix the trans, I'll re-evaluate my loose cash, and move the priority up for a tune.
    Test-n-Tune (Nov 23, 2008) - 13.65s @ 98mph

+ Reply to Thread