+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

HotRodV6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    We've seen as low as 22hp to the wheels and as high as 33hp to the wheels. Sure, making the engine run more efficiently will increase power and drivability.

I believe it was a 114 or a 112, but I'm sure it's a 114

So going with the MTI Stealth cam would give a smoother idle due to the higher LSA.....correct?

Do i just need to install new springs, retianers and locks for the new cam, if i keep the stock rockers do i need new pushrods?

yes
    02 Sierra... motorless for now.
    02 SS.. stock bottom 4.8, 241's, 224-220/116+4, 918's and pushrods, front mount turbonetics 78mm, HKS GTII, TiAL, eBoost2, Yank PT3600, Performabuilt 60e, solid motor mounts. Tuned by me with HP Pro and LM2/AFX

HotRodV6 Guest
    Well i got a new cam for my Silverado today, is similair to a stock LS6 cam, but with more dur@.050

Specs are

.550/.550 218/218 on a 117 LSA. Im gonna get some 918 springs, and a tune along with the LT's and ORY and a Volant CAI and the truck should make real close to the same power numbers as the onin the first post here.

Look forward to trying something like this or a heads and and cam swap on my LQ4.

where are you in san antonio i would love to see your truck because if you can FEEL the differance then i would do it in a week but if its not that noticable then i dont see y to do it get back with me on this thanks Jon

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowboy26 View Post
    where are you in san antonio i would love to see your truck because if you can FEEL the differance then i would do it in a week but if its not that noticable then i dont see y to do it get back with me on this thanks Jon
    I believe the truck ran a 13.6 with no converter and 3.23 gears (yuck!), since there, he's installed a 3000yank we had here and 4.10's. I'm sure it's easily in the 12's by now. I haven't spoken with the customer since the stall and gears.

As soon as I do, I'll post up.

later,
    allen

the truck this post was based upon ran a 13.6 damn thats pretty good considering...and in the 12s now damn im pumped
    09 CREWCAB LTZ SILVERADO, 6.2, SIX SPEED, CAI,

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfan18 View Post
    the truck this post was based upon ran a 13.6 damn thats pretty good considering...and in the 12s now damn im pumped
    oh no, it ran that after the mods, 13.6 was with the mods above, now i'm sure it's faster with gears and converter.

yeah that was how i took it! 13.6 isnt that bad! at all really. thats w/o a some kind of rear end and a good set of tires correct? i mean a cam and a few small mods is really just scratching the surface
    09 CREWCAB LTZ SILVERADO, 6.2, SIX SPEED, CAI,

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfan18 View Post
    yeah that was how i took it! 13.6 isnt that bad! at all really. thats w/o a some kind of rear end and a good set of tires correct? i mean a cam and a few small mods is really just scratching the surface

That's correct, no posi, stall, tires.

This was a decent sized cam, so, it really brought the power band up. This requires a converter and gears.
    So, 13.6 is really good, it only shows how slow it took off the line, the mph was good though, indicating HP is strong.

+ Reply to Thread