+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverado 100 Horsepower Performance gain on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by Medic455 View Post
    Finally got around to reading this thread in its entirety. I have to say It put a huge grin on my face . When I bought my new to me 2008 Extended cab 2WD I was thinking getting into the mid 14's with bolt ons would be a realistic goal. Now seeing that this truck ran 13.6 with minor mods and taller gears I am getting pumped. I realize my truck is a bit heavier but I believe if my research is correct the LY5 5.3 have a bit better flowing heads and intake? Thanks for the great write up and hope for the future of my new truck!
    Wow those are some killer times for the build. You are right about the 243 heads and the better intake. With a healthy cam and stall you should have a monster on your hands. Boltons and gears got you to 13.6 is very impressive. I bet stickie tires, cam stall and 150 shot could drop you over a second.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Boltons and gears got you to 13.6 is very impressive.
    I don't think I wrote that very clearly, I was referring to the OP's truck running 13.6 and was looking forward to doing the same mods to see similar numbers haha.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum, I was looking at this and I was wondering something, I have a 2001 silverado 5.3, when I did the research it showed that it comes with 285 hp stock, does this mean that the newer models come with less hp? Because 224 hp for a 5.3 seems really low to me

Quote Originally Posted by Boneskeys View Post
    Hi guys I'm new to the forum, I was looking at this and I was wondering something, I have a 2001 silverado 5.3, when I did the research it showed that it comes with 285 hp stock, does this mean that the newer models come with less hp? Because 224 hp for a 5.3 seems really low to me
    That 285hp is at the crank. Add in the drive train loss and 224hp is pretty normal for a 5.3L.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Question looking to upgrade my lq9

needing some input on upgrading my lq9. i have a tune now other than that its stock, ive been all over with what i would like to do. i don't want to go into the motor any more than a cam yet i don't know want cam would be a good fit.

what all comes with the cam kit? does it sound good,hit at all?

get ahold of erica and she'll be glad to update you on cam selections and pricing.

THANKS,ALLEN. You have tuned my vehicles since 2007 and never steered me wrong.

good to hear and thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckshop View Post
    speed-eng $420 shipped for painted headers and off road y-pipe
    How nice of a set of header are they not wanting to buy no knock offs trying to be the real ones

+ Reply to Thread