+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4L60E Transmission Modifications

I am a little confused on the Accumulator Pistons. Which ones do i need to use? There is a few different ones and i am not sure on which one to get.

I just installed a set of vette servos, easy easy easy. everybody says the cap is tough to depress, but mine had no trouble. almost lost the e-clip though, but i have a big box of little stuff, including about a million diff e-clips. the truck shifts great from 1-2 and from 2-3, after that, eh nothing spectacular. gonna look into a 4th servo. overall, $11.50 for the servos and 15mins labor, good slams and better et's. if you haven't done this, do it, cheap, and so worth it.
    [IMG]https://images.app.goo.gl/XLfskemekXBo5VfS7/IMG]
    www.tjc.edu

I just read through this thread. I just lost 2nd gear in my truck, my dad and I are going to attempt to repair or rebuild if necessary. Would anyone have any advise on where to go for parts and instructions with specs. Any help is appreciated

just look for a transmission parts house on your net, they should be able to sale you literature also.

BB

does anyone know if the plug on a 96 chevy 4l60e is the same as the on from a 00-02 chevy camaro?

Should be if memory serves.

Also, I got all of my parts from Tru Tech performance transmission. Very nice fella, very knowledgable. He knows the 60e inside n out. Has nice quality parts at a good price, most was GM parts. I just rebuilt mine. And you can call him and he is happy to walk u over ur problem on the phn. That's hard to get when doin it urself. Look him up guys I have his number if u need it

Great info!

+ Reply to Thread