+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4L60E Transmission Modifications

I have the TCI billet servo setup and I can shift into O/D at WOT. I don't know about Superior.
    2009 YUKON DENALI,BLACK ON BLACK, LS3, Dynomax 4" cat-back, VARA-RAM INTAKE, KOOKS LT's, MSD IGNITION, LS VVT hot cam, ZO6 springs, HP tuned to 421awhp, 12.54 at 108mph on 24's.TUNING FROM THE DARKSIDE.

06 KAWI BRUTE FORCE 916cc 6.80's in the 1/8th. ALL MOTOR. New found drug addiction is getting "HER" into the 5's. "EVER HAD A QUAD TAKE YOUR MONEY?"

It is a tuning issue. The trans is only going to do what it is told with a 4l60e. Servo's have really no effect on it not shifting. The idea on an aftermarket servo is for more holding power. Not to make the trans do a WOT shift.

How many servs are there that can be installed? I heard about the corvette servo, but I have not gotten an answer if there are any more. Can anyone elaborate?

There is the 1-2 and the 2-3. They are pretty straightforward install, and overall they just improve shifting. They are real cheap too
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Found this place to buy trans parts at rediculous prices. I think their 5 pinion planetaries are chinese, though, and some say they are actually weaker than GM 4 pinion planetaries. Wholesale Transmission Parts I ordered stock 4 pinion planetaries from them today and they say three days to me. We'll see. $50 for the rear most 8 parts that make up the planetary setup. Wholesale Transmission Parts - 700R4 - 4L60E -GOOD USED 8PC. GEARTRAIN LATE MODEL
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

For people who want Vette Servos for a good price, Get them either at Oregon Performance Transmission, Inc. or order them from Zippy Performance- Home I got my shift kit from Zippy and I loved it and never had problems!
    2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Found this place to buy trans parts at rediculous prices. I think their 5 pinion planetaries are chinese, though, and some say they are actually weaker than GM 4 pinion planetaries. Wholesale Transmission Parts I ordered stock 4 pinion planetaries from them today and they say three days to me. We'll see. $50 for the rear most 8 parts that make up the planetary setup. Wholesale Transmission Parts - 700R4 - 4L60E -GOOD USED 8PC. GEARTRAIN LATE MODEL

What did you buy planets for Greg?

the 60e we attempted to steal parts from. The rear planet splines were stripped clean out of the hole. Minor damage was done to the mating part so I ordered the whole setup.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

OK...very forthcoming so far.

Hey Greg, what's that going in?

building it for a backup, trade-out or loaner unit when working on someone elses trans that can't afford the downtime while working on theirs. One day it will go with the 4.8L that was on the stand in the garage most likely.

+ Reply to Thread