+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cheap way to shave the antenna on a NBS truck!

Just did this on mine minus the bracket. There's really no need for a bracket. I just used two zip ties to attach it to the fender and two to attach the triangular base to the original mounting location. I'll have to look for an Escalade replacement piece, but you'd have to be right up on the truck to notice the small hole for the stock antennae location, so no biggie.

Oh, and all I listen to is CD's or XM anyway, so no big concern about if I lost any stations.

i am gonna try and find a stock antenna and ill try it this week.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

Whattaya mean - do you not have an antenna? It's a piece o' cale man. I did mine in under 10 minutes.

yeah i have an antenna but its a small billet one... gets bad enough reception as it is, so i am gonna find a tall stock one
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

Well like I said - it's pretty simple. If you want to see how I did mine I can take some pics or meet ya somewhere...

Thanks for the info. I have been getting tired of having to pull of and then put back on the antenna when i put the cover on my truck.
    2004 EXC Silverado 6.2L
    Mods:
    6.2L L92, Ported and Polished stage 3 heads, 95mm Throttle Body, 100mm MAF, NA, Pacesetter LT Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler, Electric Fans, 160* thermostat, 2" Drop Shackles, Hellwig Sway Bars Front and Rear, Monroe Reflex Shocks, NGK Spark Plugs, AMW Oil Catch Can, 17"x10" wheels on Kuhmo Tires.

I'm getting the corner cowl piece tomorrow. It's like $14 from the dealer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DamnYankee &#064; May 21 2007, 09&#58;37 PM) [snapback]94263[/snapback]</div>
    I&#39;m getting the corner cowl piece tomorrow. It&#39;s like &#036;14 from the dealer.
    [/b]
    Good deal&#33; Did you ever take any pics of your setup? I am curious about where you mounted the zip ties to keep the antenna from moving around.

I think bolting the antenna back to the base with the "L" bracket might help keep some of your reception because it grounds the antenna. No big deal if you&#39;re not worried about losing reception. I have XM and a 6 disc cd changer, but there is a morning show on FM that listen too on the way to work so I didn&#39;t want to lose any reception.
    2007 Sierra Denali, 6.2l L92, 6L80E, 3.42s, AWD, Outlaw CAI, 160* t-stat, magnaflow muffler and HPTuners!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kenny C &#064; May 22 2007, 07&#58;27 AM) [snapback]94288[/snapback]</div>
    Good deal&#33; Did you ever take any pics of your setup? I am curious about where you mounted the zip ties to keep the antenna from moving around.

I think bolting the antenna back to the base with the "L" bracket might help keep some of your reception because it grounds the antenna. No big deal if you&#39;re not worried about losing reception. I have XM and a 6 disc cd changer, but there is a morning show on FM that listen too on the way to work so I didn&#39;t want to lose any reception.
    [/b]

I didn&#39;t take any pics, but I can. There are a couple of slots in the fender and I uses a zip tie in each spot. Then I zip tied through the base of the antenna to the mounting plate to keep it from sliding back and forth. The grounding didn&#39;t occur to me but it worked fine when I tested it. I literally never listen to FM though.

OK, basically the same as what was posted above. I&#39;m not trying to steal anyones thunder, just showing how I did mine.

+ Reply to Thread