+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! Truck failed inspection

OK, what to do now? It failed Evap. for "Not Ready", which I think I can fix be reattaching all the lines & getting rid of the vent to atmosphere (I will just have to stay out of boost to keep from blowing things out). Sound right?

Bigger issue...O2 sensor and O2 Sensor Htr came back as "Not Ready". Cats and rear O2's are currently deleted and the tune accounts for that, but I don't know anything about the "Not Ready".

The inspector told me to drive it about 60 - 100 miles to get those cleared, but I am not sure about that.

I need some help guys, I have 15 days to get it fixed and the clock is ticking.
    S.C.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Sorry to here that, but If the rear O2's are deleted they will always show "not ready" untill they're put back in service.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dited-copy.jpg
    2007 Sierra crew 5.3 4wd, stock for now
    2004 Sierra scsb 5.3 - sold
    02 Z28 SLP cold air pack, Corsa exh, Center Force dual friction + 23 lb flywheel
    66 Chevy C20 (collecting dust)

Did you disconnect the battery just before going for inspection? Allen turns off the rear 02 sensor codes so they don't report to the obdii port during inspection. The same thing can be done to the evap codes. If you recently cleared any codes it has to go through 50-100 miles of driving to check all sensors for feedback.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; May 4 2007, 11&#58;49 AM) [snapback]92360[/snapback]</div>
    Did you disconnect the battery just before going for inspection? Allen turns off the rear 02 sensor codes so they don&#39;t report to the obdii port during inspection. The same thing can be done to the evap codes. If you recently cleared any codes it has to go through 50-100 miles of driving to check all sensors for feedback.
    [/b]
    I did the crank relearn on Wednesday, and the check engine light went off, but it was still showing P0315 on the scanner so I cleared the codes with the Interceptor gauge this morning before getting it inspected.

Does that help?
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Nope, gotta do the drive cycle for up to 100 miles to get all the readiness codes set. You&#39;ll never pass the OBDII test without having the PCM cycling for close to 100 miles.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; May 4 2007, 01&#58;11 PM) [snapback]92374[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, gotta do the drive cycle for up to 100 miles to get all the readiness codes set. You&#39;ll never pass the OBDII test without having the PCM cycling for close to 100 miles.
    [/b]
    Thanks Red. At least that is a cheap option at this point. I will drive it all weekend like I stole it, then try again early next week.
    S.C.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

If any codes set while you&#39;re driving and light up the SES indicator, you&#39;ll have to get the sensor fixed or turned off and start all over again.

OH DAM MAN COME TO COLLEGE STATION AND DO THE INSPECTION HERE. THEY CHECK YOUR LIGHTS GAS CAP AND BRAKES AND SLAP A STICKER ON IT. I TOLD HIM I HAVE A TURBO WHEN HE LOOKED UNDER THE TRUCK AND HE SAID O.K.. THAT WILL BE 12.50. I SAID SWEET IN MY HEAD AND HAVE BEEN GOING THERE EVERY YEAR SINCE THE TURBO WAS PUT ON.

JAMEST
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jamest &#064; May 6 2007, 07&#58;49 AM) [snapback]92483[/snapback]</div>
    OH DAM MAN COME TO COLLEGE STATION AND DO THE INSPECTION HERE. THEY CHECK YOUR LIGHTS GAS CAP AND BRAKES AND SLAP A STICKER ON IT. I TOLD HIM I HAVE A TURBO WHEN HE LOOKED UNDER THE TRUCK AND HE SAID O.K.. THAT WILL BE 12.50. I SAID SWEET IN MY HEAD AND HAVE BEEN GOING THERE EVERY YEAR SINCE THE TURBO WAS PUT ON.

JAMEST
    [/b]
    My county is an emissions county, so I don&#39;t think that will work. It passed last year at the same station, so I am hoping that clearing the codes was the issue.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; May 6 2007, 09&#58;50 AM) [snapback]92491[/snapback]</div>
    My county is an emissions county, so I don&#39;t think that will work. It passed last year at the same station, so I am hoping that clearing the codes was the issue.
    [/b]
    SC, hopefully some drive time like Red said will do the trick.

As far as I know, you&#39;re allowed to fail two of the seven ready state tests. Ready state tests are different from SES lights. SES lights are faults in the system and the ready state test is an evaluation of the entire system. Before some tests pass, others have to pass, so driving is the only way to have these tests at Ready.
    keep us updated,
    allen

+ Reply to Thread