+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: HELP!!! Truck failed inspection

Well, no go. It failed again, same 3 items. I put almost 250 miles on it since the retune, and I even drove it for 10 highway miles immediately prior to the inspection.

Please help guys.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Has Allen sent you an updated tune since the first attempt to pass the inspection?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; May 23 2007, 11&#58;51 AM) [snapback]94431[/snapback]</div>
    Has Allen sent you an updated tune since the first attempt to pass the inspection?
    [/b]
    I drove to San Antonio last weekend, and he retuned per Moto&#39;s recommendations.

He also added 7* more timing at WOT But that isn&#39;t what is important right now.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Let me ask you this... How many days,miles and startups have past since allen did the retune? Just driving 250 miles wont do anything for you except waste gas. Certain criteria has to be meet to complete the drive cycle. It may take a few days/weeks of normal cold starts and normal driving to complete the tests unless you manualy perform a drive cycle for each item. You may have to repeat the drive cycle a few times as if its not perfect it will not take. You allmost need a scanner to comfirm it.

If allen set the DTC&#39;s (SES Enabled) and (No Error reported) thats all you need and time. However If he missed one, It will never compete. There are a shit load of them and more than what was in the pic I uploaded. Doubble check them.

Good luck

Smile

It failed again after 1,500 miles.

Allen, PLEASE check your PM&#39;s & let me know if all those settings are correct.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Ouch&#33; Did they give you paperwork on what to do if you don&#39;t pass the second inspection? My 92 had an LT1 that wouldn&#39;t pass the sniffer inspection so I took it to the state&#39;s inspection station and they inspected it and it passed with a blown out convertor.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; Jun 15 2007, 12&#58;47 PM) [snapback]96873[/snapback]</div>
    It failed again after 1,500 miles.

Allen, PLEASE check your PM&#39;s & let me know if all those settings are correct.
    [/b]
    pm sent

where&#39;d you get the gibbs wheels man, im looking with no luck except ebay & i dont wanna do that, they high & might be aftermarket look-alikes, what size tires?, & how much have you lowered it, it looks good man
    2004 Chevy Silverado REG CAB ShortBed, AEM BRUTE FORCE Dry Synthetic, Gibson SuperTruck Exhaust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DROPEM23 &#064; Jun 16 2007, 01&#58;23 AM) [snapback]96947[/snapback]</div>
    where&#39;d you get the gibbs wheels man, im looking with no luck except ebay & i dont wanna do that, they high & might be aftermarket look-alikes, what size tires?, & how much have you lowered it, it looks good man
    [/b]
    not to change the subject, but ya, SC&#39;s truck is one of the best lowered/wheel/tire combos i&#39;ve seen, nice truck&#33;

+ Reply to Thread