+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! Truck failed inspection

HPTuner scanner will tell you if you have passed all the readiness testing prior to inspection. Do you know anyone in your area with HPT?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; May 12 2007, 08&#58;59 AM) [snapback]93178[/snapback]</div>
    HPTuner scanner will tell you if you have passed all the readiness testing prior to inspection. Do you know anyone in your area with HPT?
    [/b]
    I don&#39;t.

Is the ready state something that has to acheived EVERY time you drive it, or once it gets there it stays there? Should I take a highway trip? I am completely lost here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(duckysbht &#064; May 12 2007, 08&#58;47 AM) [snapback]93175[/snapback]</div>
    Talk to Red03silSS SC..
    [/b]
    I did, he can&#39;t help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allstar55566 &#064; May 12 2007, 08&#58;48 AM) [snapback]93176[/snapback]</div>
    pay off the guy slip him a bill or two. that sucks i hope we never go to emissions county BS.
    [/b]
    That won&#39;t work with emissions. I wish.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Yeah, it has to be up to temp, fully, before it will pass. A good 10 mile highway trip should do it normally. If I were closer I&#39;d help. Have Allen pull up your tune on his PC and see if he turned off the EVAP circuit or not. If you didn&#39;t tell him to, chances are it&#39;s still active and only he can de-activate it for you. I guess you could hook it back up to get rid of that code during inspection.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Hey I know its confusing. I made this for you, mabey it will help some? Notice the first pic Everything is Complete except the Evap. I left EVAP Incomplete to show you the difference (See other Pics)

Ok I dont have one single 02 sensor in the truck... notice how there Complete.

Now look at my tune for the 02 sensors... SES is Enabled and Error Report is set to #3 (No Error Reported) You cannot do it anyother way or it wont work.

Now remember how my EVAP was Incomplete... Look how the codes are set&#33; (This would be incorrect)

You need to have your Tuner check your file. Hope this helps some.

-moto

Well, the only thing I can say is...ALLEN???
    Gone, but not forgotten!

We will inspect a non emissions county if you "moved to this county" PM me if you need help.
    EATIN' FORDS AND TUNDRAS

RIP 2005 VHO ecsb 6.0HO, Comp Cam, Nelson Tune, OBX LT's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; May 12 2007, 08&#58;57 PM) [snapback]93238[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the only thing I can say is...ALLEN???
    [/b]
    Hey SC, I&#39;m here, let me know what you need.

Why would you need your evap turned off, unless you removed something? Or the other devices/sensors are completely turned off and they need to pass in order to pass evap.

Can you make it down here for a quick tune?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(farmtruc &#064; May 14 2007, 06&#58;24 PM) [snapback]93399[/snapback]</div>
    Hey SC, I&#39;m here, let me know what you need.

Why would you need your evap turned off, unless you removed something? Or the other devices/sensors are completely turned off and they need to pass in order to pass evap.

Can you make it down here for a quick tune?
    [/b]
    I only guess the evap happens because the valve cover lines that go to the TB/Intake are off & vented to atmosphere ( when it builds boost it blows out the oil dipstick). They have always been like that when you tuned it. That is my best guess.

I hooked it all back up yesterday and have just been driving easy hoping the evap ready thing will reset on it&#39;s own. The idle is really screwed up now, but it seems like it will relearn with time (it is fine when the truck it hot, awful when cold...really surging right now). If it will clear the evap ready thing, then it should pass (you can have 2 "not ready" items & it will pass.

I am going to try again on Wednesday or Thursday for another inspection. If it doesn&#39;t work, I guess I will have to make a trip down.

Does my logic sound right & is what I am trying even worth it?
    Thanks Allen.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

FUDGE&#33;

Strike 3. Same fail; Evap "not ready", O2 "not ready".

Allen, can you be at the track Friday after work? Check your PM&#39;s for my cell #. Please call me.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Moto - We have reset it per your directions, so hopefully you are right&#33;&#33;

Thanks Allen for getting to me quickly. I will update in a few days after driving.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

+ Reply to Thread