+ Reply to Thread

Thread: v6-v8 swap tranny wiring....help fast

Trans is from 99. 6.0 is from 2001. Cant figure out how to wire the tranny up. any lamens terms description for it or how to just come straight off the pcm and make a wiring set for the tranny to a 60e pigtali?? the harness that is on there is from a 4l80.

same goes for a 2003 tranny on another truck im doin from v6 to v8 6.0.

You MUST get the pcm flashed with a 4L60e program. After that you can buy the 4L80e to 4L60 adapter to convert it back to 4L60E wiring. Me, I would try to get a harness section built by NelsonPeformance with the 60e transmission connector and speedo sensor connectors. You need the wiring all the way up to the PCM. One of the leads will feed power to the transmission from the brake pedal and another powers the TCC, you probably already have the leads for that in the original harness.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mercuno &#064; Mar 29 2007, 08&#58;17 AM) [snapback]87704[/snapback]</div>
    Trans is from 99. 6.0 is from 2001. Cant figure out how to wire the tranny up. any lamens terms description for it or how to just come straight off the pcm and make a wiring set for the tranny to a 60e pigtali?? the harness that is on there is from a 4l80.

same goes for a 2003 tranny on another truck im doin from v6 to v8 6.0.
    [/b]

Wll on the 99 we have the pigtail for the 60e but dont know what colors to match up. as far as the pcm goes I thought you had to move some pins around to go from 80 to 60 vice versa. we got a wheatley tune for a 60e but she wont shift right at all. wont go back into first etc etc.

what pins on the pcm are for the 60e? I can make the harness just dont know where to and what colors to match up on my pigtail. spent all our cash just gettin the motor in and now we are stuck.

Get a wiring diagram for the PCM and 4L60e transmission and connect the dots. If you guys are doing engine conversions as a business you shouldn&#39;t have any problem figuring that one out.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; Mar 30 2007, 06&#58;21 AM) [snapback]87804[/snapback]</div>
    Get a wiring diagram for the PCM and 4L60e transmission and connect the dots. If you guys are doing engine conversions as a business you shouldn&#39;t have any problem figuring that one out.
    [/b]

this is the first one for us thats why we are askin. we mainly work on pre 72 vehicles for the show and shines. I want to get into these swaps for my old school rides. I just want to everything about em before I work on it and put my name on a hack job ya know. where can I find the wiring diagram?

Buy an ATSG transmission manual for the 4L60E and one for the 4L80e. You can get a subscription to ALLDATA or some other online technical manual company to get the exact PCM pinouts for whatever year PCM you&#39;re working with. The wiring pinouts for a 2001 Camaro should work for the 2001 truck when it comes to the transmission wiring. They use the same PCMs. Check out the conversion section over at LS1Tech.com. They have stickied a wiring section with shortcuts to PCM pinout charts.

thanks I really appreciate the info.

+ Reply to Thread