+ Reply to Thread

Thread: after 6.0 swap few questions

I did my swap and ran around for 23 minutes and fried my 60e. rebuilt it and runs fine now I guess converter that I got fromEBAY!!! was just crappy. How hard can i play with my 60e. it is built for performance has no torque management and really firm shift points. I am scared to floor it from dead stop cuz the 1-2 shift rattles my teeth and sets me into a spin.

On another note My idle almost drowns me out when i come to a strong stop and I have some codes but cant scan em yet. I scanned before the tranny rebuild and I had alot of o2 codes. It sat around for over a month and we moved them o2 sensors and they got a lil banged up just how sensitive are they? would that affect my idle and give me a light? I am running a 93 octane tune and at idle I can feel an intermittent shake as if I was getting detonation. should I use an octane boost?

lot of questions with no code description I know but will tell you what I find out 2morrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mercuno &#064; Mar 25 2007, 11&#58;48 PM) [snapback]87283[/snapback]</div>
    I did my swap and ran around for 23 minutes and fried my 60e. rebuilt it and runs fine now I guess converter that I got fromEBAY&#33;&#33;&#33; was just crappy. How hard can i play with my 60e. it is built for performance has no torque management and really firm shift points. I am scared to floor it from dead stop cuz the 1-2 shift rattles my teeth and sets me into a spin.

On another note My idle almost drowns me out when i come to a strong stop and I have some codes but cant scan em yet. I scanned before the tranny rebuild and I had alot of o2 codes. It sat around for over a month and we moved them o2 sensors and they got a lil banged up just how sensitive are they? would that affect my idle and give me a light? I am running a 93 octane tune and at idle I can feel an intermittent shake as if I was getting detonation. should I use an octane boost?

lot of questions with no code description I know but will tell you what I find out 2morrow.
    [/b]
    mmm painful...I do know the 6 Liters can hurt the 60e if ya dont watch out haha..

Good luck to you&#33;

2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

From doing past swaps, 60E&#39;s dont get along with 6 litres, now a 65E works good for daily driving, and a weekend pounding....

A properly built 60e hangs with the 6 liters with no real problems. GM&#39;s been doing it for years. Now whatever you&#39;ve done to the engine during the swap may be causing you problems. I&#39;m running a 60e behind a 408 with a HUGE cam and it shifts fine (when the sensors are working correctly).
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

DBYRD Guest
    im with red, a properly built 60e is stronger than a stock 65e easily. from my understanding they r essentially the same tranny with the 65e being somewhat stronger STOCK. DLH2006 is running 12.43 with a 60e behind a 6.0 so there&#39;s ur proof.

From what I&#39;ve seen the biggest difference between the 60 and the 65 is the planetary. A "built" 60 should have an upgraded one as well as a few other internal upgrades, so it shouldn&#39;t matter how you drive it.
    '99 GMC RCSB
    3" Body lift, 4" Rancho lift, Fox shocks
    36" BFG All-terrains
    LQ9 6.0L swap, gt2-3 cam, longtubes, LS1 fans, Nelson Performance tune
    4.8 gears/Eaton posi
    Built 4l65e
    Custom paint, roll pan, filled tail lights, relocated tail gate handle

Future mods:
    Boost!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mercuno &#064; Mar 25 2007, 11&#58;48 PM) [snapback]87283[/snapback]</div>
    I did my swap and ran around for 23 minutes and fried my 60e. rebuilt it and runs fine now I guess converter that I got from EBAY&#33;&#33;&#33; was just crappy. How hard can i play with my 60e. it is built for performance has no torque management and really firm shift points. I am scared to floor it from dead stop cuz the 1-2 shift rattles my teeth and sets me into a spin.

[/b]
    Expect spinning without some sort of suspension upgrades and stickier tires (DRs). I&#39;ve got 4.10s in the rear, 60e (broken 3 & 4 gears), behind a cammed 5.3L, and spinning is a way of life when flooring from a stop. Rain & wet streets are MUCH worse (I don&#39;t drive truck in rainy weather). Drag radials may help a bit on the street though.

As for the o2 codes, how many sensors are you working with? You may have a bum sensor, or the connectors may be off. I&#39;ve had to rewire my front two sensors b/c the aftermarket ones had different color wires than the engine harness, and I didn&#39;t have a chart or instructions on which wire was what (trial and error). Are you running with catalytic converters or cat-less exhaust? Hope you&#39;re planning on getting HPTuners (or some brand pkg for PCM mods). Having the scanning ability alone is worth the price tag. Plus, you can make the mods you need to fine tune you engine.
    Test-n-Tune (Nov 23, 2008) - 13.65s @ 98mph

+ Reply to Thread