+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High Polish Vs Chrome

I have a neighbor who wants my rims and I want theCenterline Ulra Light series wheels, at no cost to me!!!!! My issue is the Ultra sries do NOT come in chrome, but they are 19 pounds a piece. They are overstock so the Centerline Wheel has the same look, somewhere around 20# lose per rim and faster times!!!

How hard is the cleaning and how long will they look good if I get the High Polish???
    08 HHR SS
    Black on Black 5 spd with no options

Pics of Christine, the '05 VHO My Car Domain Site

Send them out for chrome plating. Raw aluminum takes constant care. You can also have them clear powder coated.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

They suck to polish, really. My Stingray III's were like that.

Get 'em Zoop Sealed, clear coated or chromed.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

DBYRD Guest
    from what ive read elsewhere (like the tbss rims) are a bitch to keep clean. i think chroming would be ur best solution but as stated above u have options.

Chrome...I love chrome...I loooove it..haha
    2012 F-250 XLT/FX4 RCLB 6.7 Powerstroke
    H&S XRT Pro Race(550hp/1100tq)/ 4" flopro exhaust/H&S EGT kit/SPE Full diff unlock/S&B CAI/H&S motorsports upcharge pipe kit/ DPF,CAT,EGR,UREA Deleted/Icon 3.5" Lift-Vs 2.0 shocks/PMF DSS w' Bilstein 5100s/Icon Adj Track Bar-upgraded steel bearing/RIGID LEDs/Kenwood DNX570HD w/idatalink maestro/Hertz5x7s/Memphis 12" slim/500.1 JL slash amp/Recon f250 led emblems

How much weight will chroming add???

Any good chroming shops around Austin???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; Feb 22 2007, 08&#58;38 AM) [snapback]84111[/snapback]</div>
    They suck to polish, really. My Stingray III&#39;s were like that.

Get &#39;em Zoop Sealed, clear coated or chromed.
    [/b]

I have a tailgate handle and keeping that up is a b****, GET IT SEAL &#036;45 per wheel from CL

ps can you sell him 3 and sell one to me
    DD: 2008 TB LS
    2005 Silverado VHO

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jethro_3 &#064; Feb 23 2007, 03&#58;31 AM) [snapback]84229[/snapback]</div>
    How much weight will chroming add???

Any good chroming shops around Austin???

[/b]
    4-5 lbs per wheel; I considered just sealed forgings on my Centerlines but several folks talked me into the chrome and I&#39;m glad that I went that route. Whatever you decide don&#39;t leave them raw.

Mr. P.

When I called Centerline the salesman said they would not chrome them at any cost.... I doubt that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; Feb 22 2007, 08&#58;19 AM) [snapback]84106[/snapback]</div>
    Send them out for chrome plating. Raw aluminum takes constant care. You can also have them clear powder coated.
    [/b]
    I&#39;m getting mine clear powdercoated. I like the look of raw aluminum, but with the pcing I won&#39;t have to do alot to keep them spotless. The guy who is doing my wheels has had his wheels done for 4 years, and all he does is wax them when he waxes his truck, and they still look perfect.

+ Reply to Thread