+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Held off a Ford Harley Edition tonight

Originally posted by Sleeper@Dec 30 2003, 01:43 AM
    no break in huh.
    the guy at pyle bros. told me to get it hot and then let it cool down for a couple of hours. which i did. that was the only time i got on it and it was done at 65mph. not from a take off. which in my mind would be the killer for the rear end. i only took it up to about 90 which i know i shouldnt have but i back off real quick to let it get back down.
    I asked the guy about drive'n for 500 miles. and he said not to worry about it.
    these guys do this all the time. its all they do so i will trust them. if he says thats all i need to do then so be it.
    If i recall correctly BIGKID did the same thing at the thunder shootout. I know there is no way he put 500 miles on it before he ran it. i think his is still doin fine. but i do understand your commit, i am not defending myself or anything just telling you what i was told.

1999 Pewter Z28
    Sold - 2001 Onyx Black Silverado Stepside "Thunder"

Nice Kill!!! They should change their song from "have you driven a ford lately" to "have you killed a ford lately" haha.
    00'ECSB 4.8L, Auto 4L60E with Fully adjustable TRANSGO shift kit with Superior billet servos, B&M tranny cooler, 4:10's,eaton posi, K&N Gen. 2,Thorley Headers, ASP Crank pulley, LT1 Fans, 3" catback single flowmaster 40 series exhaust, NELSON PERFORMANCE PCM BADASS TUNING, egr trim. Jantzer performance Ported TB, 20x9 MKW's, 2/4 drop.sold

2006 GTO A4,HPE S+ cam,Volant, Kooks LT's, Magnaflow 3in.Catless cat back,3200 Fuddle converter,UDP. 7.49@93.57
    Coming up= Fast intake and heads.

Originally posted by 99 red silver@Dec 30 2003, 06:12 AM
    Nice run and glad your tranny held together. We don't want to see a post today I was drive home going up a hill and the tran's made a loud sound and I went backwards down the hill. Your trans company must love to see you coming back. To funny. Need to brake stuff in then try to brake it.
    funny you say that.
    seriously though i think my torque converter went out this morning
    i was driving down the road when it just fell out of gear. no noise or anything, when i came to a stop you could hear a slight "whir" comin from the front of the trans.
    you guys with edit what do you have your line presure set at? mine is set at 90 max. is this to high?
    the guy keeps telling me that its my program that is killing the trans. how do i prove him wrong?

1999 Pewter Z28

Nice kill

Few more mods and I will see how I handle against a Harley F150
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans
    vette cam sitting in garage

Originally posted by 01Thunder+Dec 30 2003, 12:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01Thunder &#064; Dec 30 2003, 12:42 PM)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-99 red silver
    @Dec 30 2003, 06:12 AM
    Nice run and glad your tranny held together. We don&#39;t want to see a post today I was drive home going up a hill and the tran&#39;s made a loud sound and I went backwards down the hill. Your trans company must love to see you coming back. To funny. Need to brake stuff in then try to brake it.
    funny you say that.
    seriously though i think my torque converter went out this morning
    i was driving down the road when it just fell out of gear. no noise or anything, when i came to a stop you could hear a slight "whir" comin from the front of the trans.
    you guys with edit what do you have your line presure set at? mine is set at 90 max. is this to high?
    the guy keeps telling me that its my program that is killing the trans. how do i prove him wrong? [/b]
    tell him you&#39;ve had the stock programming in since the beginning and the trans was not touched, just fib a little bit, lol. seriously though , you&#39;re gonna have to becuase for now on, i&#39;m sure he&#39;s gonna blame on that.

just load your stock programming in and drive it for a while, see what happens if you like, it should hold up no matter what.

also, when i do tranny tunes, i barely increase the line pressure, so that&#39;s not it, look at mine trans and lance&#39;s, 02denali, ours shift hard and continue to, if it&#39;s built right, it will hold up.

i&#39;m sure your tranny guy is just worn out having to build it so many times, lol, trying to find an escape.

keep us updated,

allen

thats what i told him, if its built right it will hold. so i doubt i will get my money back because i think he is going to throw that up about the computer program. i just want to figure out how to prove its him and not the program.

1999 Pewter Z28

+ Reply to Thread