+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4L60 to 4L80 swap question

4L60 to 4L80 swap question

I received the ISS sensor harness from Nelson, and I am having a bit of trouble inserting the pins into the ECM. Is there a specific procedure for installing the pins? I am trying to insert these pins

into 22 and 23

I tried this weekend but all my attempts seemed as though I would have broken something had I tried harder. Please help.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

IIRC you have to take the plug out of the pcm and open it up. remove the orange rubber water plugs and plastic pin retainers. i did it a while back so i dont remember exactly. not hard. just take your time so you dont break the plastic. think you will need a tiny flat screwdriver to pry the grey plastic holders apart... something like that.

you will definately need to pop a few of those clips out that you see in your pic above pins 34 and 35. the whole connector has to get dissasembled. you cant just push it in while its all together.
    Last edited by kewljay223; 01-27-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Thanks for the response! After carefully disassembling (but more struggling with) the VCM connector, I managed to pop off the green plastic piece

The pins on the ISS sensor harness slid in beautifully.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

no problem man. just kinda suprised with all your posts and the time that youve been around on this site that you didnt know. lol but glad i could help and that you got it squared away.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

This is my first rodeo with the mighty 4L80, so I am in uncharted territory of sorts. Still, part of the fun is figuring out how something else works!

Glad you got it worked out! Just a quick note: the orange rubber pieces are actually weather seals. They should not be removed but rather pierced, that way they close up around the wire insulator after the terminal and wire have been inserted. Keep on rockin'!

And don't forget the rectangle orange seals lol.

No doubt! ^

+ Reply to Thread