+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scanners

Post Scanners

Wanted to see what you guys/girls are using for bidirectional scanners that can monitor all cars/trucks. Tell me what you have, what it can/can't do, and whats it gonna cost. not looking to break 4-5 bills if possible.
    Are there any good handheld's that can help me? Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    Wanted to see what you guys/girls are using for bidirectional scanners that can monitor all cars/trucks. Tell me what you have, what it can/can't do, and whats it gonna cost. not looking to break 4-5 bills if possible.
    Are there any good handheld's that can help me? Thanks for your input
    I notice that you said "all cars/trucks" but for Chevy, Ford, and Dodge HP Tuners is a great option. The HP Tuners scanning package, if that's all you're wanting to do, is $349. OR, the best option, just buy the HP Tuners VCM Suite for $499 then you can scan, tune, and do anything and everything you want. http://www.hptuners.com/index.php

I appreciate it, and i thought about them. Im buying this for my nephew. he's a mechanic at a body shop where they mostly work on toyota, honda, well pretty much anything under 100k. I wanted something for him to read/communicate powertrain, abs, body codes on most if not all late model vehicles. but i will def look into it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacstar View Post
    I appreciate it, and i thought about them. Im buying this for my nephew. he's a mechanic at a body shop where they mostly work on toyota, honda, well pretty much anything under 100k. I wanted something for him to read/communicate powertrain, abs, body codes on most if not all late model vehicles. but i will def look into it, thanks
    Yeah, HPT probably wouldn't do much good for that. lol

My neighbor, who's a professional shadetree mechanic, has a obd-II code reader from Sears and it works great on all makes and models. I think he said he paid around $350 for it.
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Quote Originally Posted by Duct_tape123 View Post
    My neighbor, who's a professional shadetree mechanic, has a obd-II code reader from Sears and it works great on all makes and models. I think he said he paid around $350 for it.
    I will check it, do you know the particular model?

We use HP tuners and GM tech II

Very interested in this also.

I bought a snap on mt2500 2 years ago and I love it, it's a bidirectional scanner that you can pick up relatively cheap. I got mine for $250.00 for everything, it was updated until 2004 when I bought it, and just recently I bought the vci reprogrammable cartridges for $300.00 off eBay, now it's good up to 09 because I also bought the can adapter for $40 off eBay. It scans all foreign and domestic, except BMW and Mercedes which you can upgrade to do those as well. You can datalog with it, freeze frame and the bidirectional controls vary with vehicles. Hope this helps!!!!

I should also add it does the following:

Engine
    Transmission
    Bcm
    Abs
    Traction
    And more.......

+ Reply to Thread